Why become a member? ×

Wouldnt it be great if....

Bassmingo

....shops did "packs" for bassists who wanted to change the appearence of their basses?

for example, i'm assembling a geddy type jazz with black hardware, but it'd be great if i could buy a pack containing a black guard, plates, bridge, heads etc.

i was lucky enough that when i was in the states a while back i was in a store that sold dimarzio spares so i picked up black neck screws, and pickguard screws.

you'd be amazed at how something small like screws can have an effect on the look of a bass. i was gonna go with a black guard, but i got a white one to tide me over, and the black screws really set it off. now i'm torn between a single ply black guard or a white pearl!

anyone know of anywhere that does packs like that?

Many 'attachables' include a little plastic bag of screws. Which is nice.

I suspect you may simply have to do what the rest of us do, and buy your hardware off a parts site like allparts, wd-music, stewart macdonald, axes-r-us etc, etc.

Or even off ebay.

Simply specify what you want, buy it, and it should arrive in one shipment, thus replicating that warm, fuzzy all-in-one sensation.