Why become a member? ×

AG 500 owners please help

niceguyhomer

I've just bought a rack case for my AG500 and thought I'd put the head in the rack. I have the rack ears but alas no f***ing mounting bolts in the box. The other problem I have is the carrying handle on the side of the head is in the way of mounting one of the ears. So, please help with a couple of questions;

Should the mounting bolts have come with the head / rack ears?

Can I buy some the same size locally - ie B&Q?

How do I remove the carrying handle from the side of the head?

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='588963' date='Sep 3 2009, 06:41 PM']I've just bought a rack case for my AG500 and thought I'd put the head in the rack. I have the rack ears but alas no f***ing mounting bolts in the box. The other problem I have is the carrying handle on the side of the head is in the way of mounting one of the ears. So, please help with a couple of questions;

Should the mounting bolts have come with the head / rack ears?

Can I buy some the same size locally - ie B&Q?

How do I remove the carrying handle from the side of the head?[/quote]

Al,

Mine came with rack ears and 3 little bolts to mount them to the head. The side handle and feet will have to come off to rack mount it, feet just unscrew and the handle needs the little metal covers popped off to allow you to access the screw that holds the handle in place.

J

[quote name='Legion' post='588968' date='Sep 3 2009, 06:44 PM']Al,

Mine came with rack ears and 3 little bolts to mount them to the head. The side handle and feet will have to come off to rack mount it, feet just unscrew and the handle needs the little metal covers popped off to allow you to access the screw that holds the handle in place.

J[/quote]

Thanks - I suspect the bolts have been taken out of the pack cos the bag the rack ears came in was open. I've tried calling him but it sounds like he's out of the country and isn't answering.

I've even rung Aguilar and there's no answer :rolleyes:

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='588980' date='Sep 3 2009, 06:55 PM']Thanks - I suspect the bolts have been taken out of the pack cos the bag the rack ears came in was open. I've tried calling him but it sounds like he's out of the country and isn't answering.

I've even rung Aguilar and there's no answer :rolleyes:

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)[/quote]

I guess what you want is someone who hasn't rack mounted their AG500...

I've got the nice Aguilar padded bag for the head (mint) that I never used as I rack mounted mine - shoot me a PM if you are interested, although I guess you *need* to rackmount it with a tuner etc?

J

[quote name='Legion' post='589025' date='Sep 3 2009, 07:41 PM']I guess what you want is someone who hasn't rack mounted their AG500...

I've got the nice Aguilar padded bag for the head (mint) that I never used as I rack mounted mine - shoot me a PM if you are interested, although I guess you *need* to rackmount it with a tuner etc?

J[/quote]

I've just bought a nice Boschma 2 u rack case otherwise I'd have had that off you :)

Anyway - I've been to B&Q, may have found a temporary solution...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='591681' date='Sep 6 2009, 09:03 PM']Hiya Mike, long time no see. How is life?[/quote]

Not so bad mate cheers, hows the collection going?
Just bought a Warwick Streamer Std off the bay to try and get back into playing. Going to be jamming with a guitarist and drummer I know to get my self back upto speed before looking for a band.

Alan, what cabs are you using? Would love to hear it, ant gigs coming up?

I went to see Andy Fairweather Low last week, was impressed with his bass player, Lakland Joe Osbourne and a Markbass 410 rig

[quote name='mikeh' post='591732' date='Sep 6 2009, 09:57 PM']Not so bad mate cheers, hows the collection going?
Just bought a Warwick Streamer Std off the bay to try and get back into playing. Going to be jamming with a guitarist and drummer I know to get my self back upto speed before looking for a band.

Alan, what cabs are you using? Would love to hear it, ant gigs coming up?

I went to see Andy Fairweather Low last week, was impressed with his bass player, Lakland Joe Osbourne and a Markbass 410 rig[/quote]

Next gig is Sunday evening in Preston (9ish) - first gig with The Silver Dogs. Try and get there mate, I'll come and get you if needs be. They're a genuinely stunning band (dunno what I'm doing in it).

Cab wise - I'm using a GS112 for small / med gigs adding a Trace Elliot 1518c underneath for large rooms. Loving it a lot.

You're gonna love my Shuker Jazz mate. :)

Ive got the AG 500 SC, same size and all. I tried to rack mount mine and couldnt get the handle off so i thought sod it, left them on and im getting the padded case for it instead. Mine did come with the ears and bolts. Its a standard size bolt, 4 or 5 mm so you should be able to get them from B&Q or some where like that.

Great head to.

Dan