Why become a member? ×

Lakland

Musicman20

That age old question eh?
I saw you posted in my DJ5 thread but thought i would reply here.
Ive only spent a few hours with my DJ5 and its in storage until sat. During next week il have time to really get to know it and to compare it to my P5 a bit more but i did do a quick comparison on sat and my thoughts were the P5 neck is more cramped and harder to play up near the body but i do like the way its rounded on the back. And i prefer the gloss as well.
I found the DJ5 sooooo easy to play from the moment i picked it up and although i love my P5 the DJ5 neck is better IMHO.
The Laklands us a smaller fret wire (Banjo i think) and this helps get a lower action without buzzing i think. Its certainly got a lower action that i have on my P5 although i guess i could get the P5 lower if i wanted it.

Iim sure you know the JOO5 and DJ5 necks are slightly different. The DJ5 being slightly rounder, going by the specs. I didnt notice any difference when i played a JO5 recently, nore does it feel any different to how i remember my old 55-01.