Why become a member? ×

FT Manson Merlin

starman

[quote name='Bassassin' post='584762' date='Aug 29 2009, 08:45 PM']Blimey. :) Wish I had one of them things what you want to swap it for. An' that.

Jon.[/quote]

Being pig ignorant about these, are they ok. they look a bit eighties to me. speaking as as a Fender head that is.

I've had a fretless one of these from new and it's still gigged regularly, a bit beaten up and roadworn now, but sounds and plays fantastic. I was also lucky enough to pick up a fretted one from Mansons shop a couple of years ago, which apears to have had hardly any use, and the sound can best be described as HUGE!
Hugh Manson builds really good guitars and you'd be looking at about 3K+ for a new one. For anyone who wants a quality British luthier bass I rekon this is worth a look.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='585232' date='Aug 30 2009, 05:09 PM']In the words of Terry Tibbs - `speak to me'!

What are you looking for, I know this bloke wiv a few basses.....![/quote]

Fender Precision, Jazz, Warwick, Status, mainly because I've had experience with these basses before. I'm sure there are loads of basses that are just as good that I haven't played yet. Anything that sounds good and catches my eye really.