Why become a member? ×

Any good bass shops in Birmingham

ashevans09

[quote name='ashevans09' post='584245' date='Aug 29 2009, 01:04 AM']Heya!

I'm starting a job in Birmingham on Wednesday, so I'll be commuting from Oxford each day :) . I thought I could make the most of things by maybe dropping into a decent music store at some point. So! Anything around?

Ta

Ash[/quote]

PMT is easily the best in Brum. They're a bit outside the City Centre but have a good range of stock and are very friendly and helpful. Its worth a visit just to try out the range of Sandbergs, but they also stock Fender, Musicman, Ibanez, Yamaha, etc. They have a good range of Ashdown and Trace amps as well.

Fairdeal Music, just off the inner ring road are OK. Not quite the range of stock that PMT have, but they are pretty helpful.

The old Sound Control (which I think is now Reverb) was poor the last time I went there. The service used to be OK, but the bass stock was pretty poor the last time I went. They have some nice Fender guitars, including some very tasty custom shop stuff, but the bass stock is pretty uninspiring.

City Music just around the corner from Sound Control / Reverb have some surprisingly nice stuff there, including Lakland and Sandberg.

Edit - I'd mixed up Fairdeal and City Music

Edited by simon1964