Why become a member? ×

jazz project

buff

Bought this recently because i liked that it was slightly different than an ordinary looking jazz, But the downside was i didnt like the sound of it. So ive now gutted the body and at present im waiting on an emg mm pick up to try, depending on the sound it'll just have the mm pick up or i might add a humbucker to it as well.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='buff' post='581395' date='Aug 26 2009, 02:01 PM']Bought this recently because i liked that it was slightly different than an ordinary looking jazz, But the downside was i didnt like the sound of it. So ive now gutted the body and at present im waiting on an emg mm pick up to try, depending on the sound it'll just have the mm pick up or i might add a humbucker to it as well.[/quote]

just great where can i buy one :)

how you get a three jazz pickups in one?

Lance

love to hear how it sounds

Have put some ash pieces into the old pick up cavity's and re routed body for new pick ups. Putting a jazz bridge pick up in the neck position, although emg say the neck pick up is available from any emg stockist no one lists it. Next on the list is to finish rubbing it down, then respay it. I was originally going to get a local luthier to plug the old holes etc, but he couldnt touch it for more than a month. The wood cost a pound from a local hard wood stockist :)

Edited by buff

[quote name='harlowbassplayer' post='600853' date='Sep 16 2009, 10:46 PM']just great where can i buy one :)

Lance

love to hear how it sounds[/quote]
I *think* it originally came from prosebass on here, try and have words with him.

Cool project anyway, if i end up making my own bass it would be some sort of jazz with a mm humbucker bridge and a jazz pickup in the neck :rolleyes: If it is one of the prosebasses then it's an interesting bass indeed!

Back together again, good sounds with the MM pick up but a J in the front will smooth things out (just got an old pick up in the front until i order an emg one, not wired up) needs a bit more t cutting and a bit of tidying around the route.

Edited by buff

[quote name='harlowbassplayer' post='600853' date='Sep 16 2009, 10:46 PM']just great where can i buy one :)

Lance

love to hear how it sounds[/quote]

Hi There,

This bass started out as an experiment of Prosebass ( Paul Rose ) the single coils were wired to give a strange combination of choices.
The neck pups were added later for the first owner of this bass.

If you would like to know more, ask Paul. He's really a cool guy.

Hope this is of help!

Cheers

Chris

Edited by pricechris10

• 4 weeks later...