Why become a member? ×

Bongos, where can I try one?

TDM

I know Reverb used to stock them but by the looks of it they don't anymore. Electro Music in Donny have had a few but apparently they don't sell well enough to keep getting them in. Can't really think of many more local places now. Anybody know where I can have a go with a Bongo, HH 5 string ideally but any Bongo will do, as I just want to get an idea of the ergonomics (I love the look but I don't know if I'll like the feel)

Electro have had a few in but they never stay in there long, ive not seen one in there without a sold sign on it. South yorks is terrible to find musicmans in general, Electro always have 1-2 'rays in but very seldom have anything else in. Sheffield music shops are terrible. Id head out of s/yorks if I was you, ring around some places find one and drive over.

But... if your thinking of buying one 2nd hand, they keep their 2nd hand value very well, so if you have the cash spare, buy one 2nd hand if you dont like it sell it on. I kept mine for only 3 months and made £100 on it selling it via ebay. I bought it on a whim without playing it first and they are fantastic.
I love bongos and if it wasnt for the fact I cant stand the neck pickup as I find it hard to slap (and it had 1 too many strings) I would have kept it much longer.

Edit: Id love a bongo 4H if anyones selling one?

Edited by Jobiebass

• 3 weeks later...