Why become a member? ×

Regenerate Axiom Lefty

leftybassman392

Recently came back from a holiday in the USA toting this little beastie.

Made by Regenerate Guitar Works in the Seattle area (which is actually one guy by the name of Rod Banuch).

I'm pretty sure it's the first one to be seen in the UK. Produced in tiny numbers, mostly made to order and normally with about a 4 month waiting list (which looks set to get longer if this is anything to go by!). This was one of two instruments he had in stock when I enquired. Pickups (Big Singles) and preamp are Norstrand items - actually the preamp has a clever little featurette: passive mode is a true bypass circuit complete with its own tone control, so if you want you can use it in passive mode and have it behave more or less exactly the way a passive Fender would (pickup blend rather than separate vols).

His website address is [url="http://www.regenerateguitarworks.com"]HERE[/url]

Here's a few pics - if you want more info click the Regenerate link above - it was still available to view last time I looked.

Enjoy:

[attachment=31463:DSCN0017.JPG]

[attachment=31462:DSCN0018.JPG]

[attachment=31465:DSCN0022.JPG]

[attachment=31464:DSCN0021.JPG]

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='579923' date='Aug 25 2009, 10:16 AM']doesn't posting about pming sort of contradict the point of a PM in the first place? Well whatever, that's a really lovely bass, i love jazz style basses with maple fretboards. Also liking the Peanut Butter and Jelly rig behind too :)[/quote]

Thanks. PJB is amazing - I've got 3 different models from the range, depending on the gig. This thing pumps out volume at a level you wouldn't believe from looking at the speaker cones! - 300 watts of pure HiFi bass tone. :rolleyes:

Regenerate is a remarkable instrument. Got change from $2000, plus I brought it back from holiday so didn't pay transit or customs!

[quote name='Grissle' post='581943' date='Aug 26 2009, 09:58 PM']That is a Beauty of a Beastie mate[/quote]

Thanks.

From where you live you may have heard of Regenerate already - guy lives in WA - near Seattle I believe. Short flight and prob less than a day's drive from you I would think (my geography's a bit suspect though...). He's a really nice guy and loves what he does. If you want more info you might want to check out his website (link in the OP).

Andy

Hi Andy!! Wow..that looks an awesome bass mate.bet it sounds as good as it looks.D :)

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='579210' date='Aug 24 2009, 04:14 PM']Recently came back from a holiday in the USA toting this little beastie.

Made by Regenerate Guitar Works in the Seattle area (which is actually one guy by the name of Rod Banuch).

I'm pretty sure it's the first one to be seen in the UK. Produced in tiny numbers, mostly made to order and normally with about a 4 month waiting list (which looks set to get longer if this is anything to go by!). This was one of two instruments he had in stock when I enquired. Pickups (Big Singles) and preamp are Norstrand items - actually the preamp has a clever little featurette: passive mode is a true bypass circuit complete with its own tone control, so if you want you can use it in passive mode and have it behave more or less exactly the way a passive Fender would (pickup blend rather than separate vols).

His website address is [url="http://www.regenerateguitarworks.com"]HERE[/url]

He also has his own forum on [url="http://www.leftybassist.com/viewforum.php?f=19&sid=4456cfc3ba067a6d536891b3c060dbad"]Leftybassist[/url]

Here's a few pics - if you want more info click the Regenerate link above - it was still available to view last time I looked.

Enjoy:

[attachment=31463:DSCN0017.JPG]

[attachment=31462:DSCN0018.JPG]

[attachment=31465:DSCN0022.JPG]

[attachment=31464:DSCN0021.JPG][/quote]

• 2 years later...