Why become a member? ×

Kerrang, aka the Warwick Fest Channel

s_u_y_*

Thats how i aquired my Zune, was having a sh*tty week, got very drunk & woke up the next day with an order confermation. Not looked back since. (even though the zune isn't a bass). Seen a few basses i like the look of recently, but can't really afford it, just glad my Seymour Duncans & my Badass II have turned up from the US.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='62235' date='Sep 18 2007, 05:16 PM']Someone snagged a tasty Streamer Stage I for £550ish off eBay (see the eBay section in sales/wants) and I assumed as I'd flagged it up on here someone might have nabbed it![/quote]

I was outbid with 2 seconds left on that bass :)

[quote name='presoulnation' post='62982' date='Sep 20 2007, 09:31 AM']I was outbid with 2 seconds left on that bass :)[/quote]

That's that new thing they have on ebay which guarantees you win. Can't remember what it's called but it's awful. With two seconds to go, there's no time to put in a new bid.

There are plenty of bidding apps out there, that will allow you to submit a bid right up to the last second. Thats how most people are getting in with a win. I *think* there's one called something like auction sentry??

I ninja-bidded my acoustic guitar with one second to go, auctionsentry is no match for my superfly bidding skills :)

My mate got a 5-string thumb, then promptly disappeared off on tour (he's a sound tech), leaving it in another mate's house round the corner. I might go and steal it while he's not looking, it's sat in the gig bag unplayed for 3 months!

[quote name='dood' post='63087' date='Sep 20 2007, 01:40 PM']There are plenty of bidding apps out there, that will allow you to submit a bid right up to the last second. Thats how most people are getting in with a win. I *think* there's one called something like auction sentry??[/quote]

So do these bid sentries basically mean that you can place a bid through that application and it will guarantee to submit it in the last second or two? No more sitting around waiting... kind of takes the fun out of sniping a bid!

I've noticed on Kerrang that its a bit of a warwick and Ibanez fest when it comes to basses, plenty of ibanez guitars too, and if its an emo punk type band its usually a fender p. When I went to the download festival a couple of years ago it was almost guaranteed that the bassist would be up there with a warwick or an ibanez, I saw a few p basses but mainly warwicks, probbably because of the brightness and punch you need to cut through a heavy guitar.