Why become a member? ×

Something a bit different

JackLondon

Ha ha...now I've lured you in here you might as well read on to see what the whole fuss is all about :)

Basically my guitarist is a complete artist in making everything a mess and ensuring that even new items stop working immediately after taking them out of the box and that includes his effects, which broke on each of the last 3 gigs.

Me being a good bassist thought that I offer him help and decided that I'll build him a pedalboard. I was looking through the internet for some decent advice or how-to guide. One day I stumbled across this little thing :

[attachment=31197:pedalboard1small.jpg]
[attachment=31198:pedalboard3small.jpg]

What I especially like about this pedalboard is that it has a top tier for effects as well as the side bit for a wah pedal.

I took all the measurments of the pedals from my guitarist and as he uses 2 wah pedal I have added a second bit on the right to accomodate for both pedals and the top tier sitting nicely in the middle.

I'm planning to also put 2 small lights on the board which will be powered by one of the bricks he uses for effects

So the specs are as follows

Maind board:
W = 760mm
D = 400mm

Top Tier :
W = 520mm
D = 150mm

Bottom :
W = 520mm
D = 250mm

All in all he should be able to fit 2 wah pedals, 4 Boss sized pedal, Old School Q-Tron plus some space left for additional 2 effects.

The power supply will be hidden underneath the top tier and all the cables will run under the board as well so it should be neat and tidy.

Here's the progress so far :

The bitts to hold the bottom and top tier cut out
[attachment=31195:bits.JPG]

Side of one of the supports for the top tier
[attachment=31199:ramp.JPG]

And some glueing up
[attachment=31196:glueing_up.JPG]

I'm planning to spend no more than £15 on doing it up ( excluding cables ) and so far I have payed £7 for 2 760x400 bits of 6mm mdf.

I don't have much experience in doing wood as I used to work as a fitter so it's not the same but hopefully this build should be quite entertaining :rolleyes:

Cheers
Jack

When I finally get round to getting some pedals I think a board is going to be a must... although the m13 im gassing after is basically a board anyway and so's my amp controller. Maybe I'll just sit them on a plank then ill have something to hit the guitarist with!

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='576325' date='Aug 21 2009, 07:44 AM']Must admit I didn't know Czernobyl was in Poland - I thought it was in Siberia ? :wacko:[/quote]

Well Poland was one of the countries most affected as the toxic cloud moved through the whole country, Czernobyl is in Ukraine, formerly part of CCCP which is located about 400 km (250 miles) away from where I lived, it took about 4 days for the lovely toxic cloud to come around to us :) If Czernobyl would have been in Siberia the effect of the explossion woul be much smaller due to the extreme temperatures in the are, sometimes coming do to -65C

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='576360' date='Aug 21 2009, 08:42 AM']Slightly off topic, but I have a lot of love for the Poles. A good bunch all round.

Carry on.[/quote]

The whole thread is off topic now, I'm half Polish but I mostly hate Poles for the way that majority behaves, some of us are here to work hard and get on with our lives but majority is here without even being able to speak the lingo and basic understanding of tradition and principles which are uniquely British, such behaviour is basically pathetic.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...