Why become a member? ×

Hi From Newbie in Derbyshire

retroman

Hi Peeps,

Stumbled across this forum whilst browsing the web for bass gear, and found it an interesting read, so I joined :)

Been playing bass for about 18 years now, mostly with a pick, or finger style, and still can't get to grips with that thing where you whack it with your thumb! :lol: At home, I like messing with different arpegiated chord stuff.

I play in a heavy rock band, and firmly believe in the tasteful, but simple thing. I am also one for keeping it simple with the gear I use; no active basses, or amps with a 101 knobs and sliders on for me!!

As my user name suggests, I really dig retro stuff. You can't beat a good old fashioned set of glowing bottles!

Here's what I use......I definately suffer with GAS!! :lol:

Gibson EB2
Gibson Thunderbird IV
Rickenbacker 4001
Ibanez IC200 "Iceman"
Fender Squier Precision special (loaded with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders)
Aria Legend (My first bass, sentimental value :-) )
Precision Bass ( Don't know what make - Possibly early Ibanez)?
Ampeg SVT Classic Amp

Nice piece of history with the unknown make Precision Bass. I bought it from a junk shop in South Yorkshire for a tenner! It had "Artist" on the headstock originaly, and was quite battered, and only had 3 strings on it. Had to have it. I refinished the body, fitted a new pick guard, and refinsihed the neck, fitting a brass nut, and a 70's Fender headstock decal at the same time. It plays well, and has good intonation, and a lovely well used growl to the tone. The bridge on it is very similar to my IC200 bass, which leaves me thinking "is it an early Ibanez lawsuit type bass"?

TTFN,
Rich :rolleyes:

Thanks Chaps :)

Glad my tea making was up to scratch. Absolutely loving the SVT610 Mr Lush. The Mrs wound up telling me to get it shifted so she could watch the telly! :lol: I made a lame excuse that it would take me a while, as I have to wait for the "glowing bottles of goodness" to cool down before I can move it :brow:

I've took some piccy's of my gear, but I need to host them before I can post? I'll get the mrs on it tonight, as I am mostly a complete technophobe :rolleyes:

[quote name='retroman' post='578751' date='Aug 24 2009, 07:39 AM']Thanks Chaps :)

Glad my tea making was up to scratch. Absolutely loving the SVT610 Mr Lush. The Mrs wound up telling me to get it shifted so she could watch the telly! :lol: I made a lame excuse that it would take me a while, as I have to wait for the "glowing bottles of goodness" to cool down before I can move it :brow:

I've took some piccy's of my gear, but I need to host them before I can post? I'll get the mrs on it tonight, as I am mostly a complete technophobe :rolleyes:[/quote]

At least she dint use it as a plant stand!