Why become a member? ×

super duper bass storage

henry norton

Here's my superfly new hanger, made from 5 screws, a bit of 4x1 and some leftover foam handgrip from my bike. Much as I like Hercules hangers with their fancy locking mechanism and neat appearance there's nothing quite like a half hour's work and some bits from the workshop for ultimate satisfaction. Total cost, £0, and I'll keep it there until my wife complains about it.

Edited by henry norton

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='tischbein' post='569915' date='Aug 15 2009, 01:53 PM']I wouldn´t even hang a towel on anything MDF... but then again I work with the crap everyday and know that it holds no decent screw... good luck. :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

It might be that you're just using wrong type screw.
I use 'Screwtite' trilobar type from Screwfix in UK.
Also it's recomended to drill out 80 - 90 % of the screw diameter first and avoid area within approx 12mm of an edge and 25mm of a corner .

[quote name='tischbein' post='569915' date='Aug 15 2009, 01:53 PM']I wouldn´t even hang a towel on anything MDF... but then again I work with the crap everyday and know that it holds no decent screw... good luck. :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

It was only an idea, that quickly turned out to be a bad one.

Looking into other methods now.

[quote name='henry norton' post='569806' date='Aug 15 2009, 12:42 PM']Here's my superfly new hanger, made from 5 screws, a bit of 4x1 and some leftover foam handgrip from my bike. Much as I like Hercules hangers with their fancy locking mechanism and neat appearance there's nothing quite like a half hour's work and some bits from the workshop for ultimate satisfaction. Total cost, £0, and I'll keep it there until my wife complains about it.[/quote]

Yes, but if there is some kind of major earthquake which makes the Earth quiver in fear, you'll be less quick to dismiss the "fancy locking mechanism and neat appearance" of the Hercules hangers.