Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Warwick Corvette Double Buck

jj1234

All,

For sale is my 4 string Corvette $$ in Nirvana Black. Stunning condition all round, bar buckle scratching on the back (pictured), and particularly excellent frets (I use TI flats on it, very soft). Looking for around £650 but will happily listen to any and all offers.

Sale is mainly to raise funds, given that I'm generally a fretless player now, but I'd be very interested in a lower-end Warwick (Corv STD?) + cash.

There it is guys, throw some ideas around :)

Cheers,

John

A cheeky beginner's bump and some more info:

I'm based in London at the moment so am reasonably mobile in the surrounding area. I would much prefer to do business in person.

Also, please feel free to reply/PM with any offers/trades, no matter how strange :)

john

[quote name='jj1234' post='569057' date='Aug 14 2009, 02:22 PM']All,

For sale is my 4 string Corvette $$ in Nirvana Black. Stunning condition all round, bar buckle scratching on the back (pictured), and particularly excellent frets (I use TI flats on it, very soft). Looking for around £650 but will happily listen to any and all offers.

Sale is mainly to raise funds, given that I'm generally a fretless player now, but I'd be very interested in a lower-end Warwick (Corv STD?) + cash.

There it is guys, throw some ideas around :rolleyes:

Cheers,

John[/quote]

[quote name='jj1234' post='569684' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:57 PM']A cheeky beginner's bump and some more info:

I'm based in London at the moment so am reasonably mobile in the surrounding area. I would much prefer to do business in person.

Also, please feel free to reply/PM with any offers/trades, no matter how strange :)

john[/quote]

Hi John, do you still have this bass??

[quote name='KineticX49' post='581416' date='Aug 26 2009, 02:22 PM']I'm in the process of trying to buy a second hand Warwick, but that scratching on the back just puts me right off. For shame sir :/[/quote]

Dont think about it- it wont change the way the bass plays or sounds and a new one will quickly be in the same condition and to be honest you`ll feel better anyway with it like that. Its awful the first time a new bass is scratched- but with a ( much ) cheaper used one thats no problem. You can always take the scratches out with emery.

Just my tuppence.

Cheers

Bob

Fair enough. I don't mind a bit of wear and tear, give character. These scratches just annoy me a bit cos....after the first scratch I'd sure as hell stop wearing belts with it. But you're right it's still a pretty nice bass.

I'm negotiating with a couple other sellers atm, but I'll be in touch jj1234 if they don't go anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

All, **SOLD**

Thanks for the contributions!

I only own one belt, and never wear it - the scratching was from a previous owner, and I agree its annoying. I was very precious about the fingernail dents that come from slapping, on another of my warwicks, but as most have said, once you start looking at it as an (utterly awesome) piece of wood for making great sounds, those concerns disappear.

In the end this was traded with dunetune_jazz for a 5 string corvette STD and a bit of cash. Incidentally, he's a top bloke.

Cheers