Why become a member? ×

Papa Roach - crazy bass swinging in video :|

arabassist

When i said its the only audible bit, i was being half-sarcastic. the bass in this song is great, hence i posted it, but i still think it doesnt cut through enough - the guitar is far too loud for my liking. in other words, i dont blame the bassist, i blame the others. i tend to have this attitude to most bands cos they dont make the bass loud enough for me to think "aww yeah i can feel that - i wanna bop my head and play to it"

ofc this is just one man's opinion

oh and im not criticising anyone, its just the way i communicate over the internet, i act very sarcastic and undermining but i dont mean it at all. i get the jist that im pissing a few people off here and i apologise if im offending people.

[quote]Couldnt agree more. I am not a fan either but respect where its due this Bassist knows how to fill that tune.

I get a feeling that the OP is just looking for a reaction now. Skin Colour, Fieldy, now a legitimate bass player criticised. I'm waiting on the Jaco/Wooten sucks thread from him any day now.[/quote]

the skin colour thing...i was bored and slightly drunk lol.

the fieldy thing - i was genuinely interested to know how to get that sound.

regards to this thread - me and my mates love that video for the crazy bass swinging and we brought it up in convo recently...and yes we do love papa roach...Infest was a work of art.

regards to jaco and wooten - both amazing....but im better :)

Edited by arabassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='579116' date='Aug 24 2009, 02:41 PM']i can hear the bass really well throughout.... of course it helps that i'm using relatively decent speakers compared to what most people use...[/quote]

im using £7 worth earphones. i try to put the low-freq up on EQ but just get loads of ear-aching thumps from the drumming

[quote name='budget bassist' post='579205' date='Aug 24 2009, 04:13 PM']haha that would be it then, you won't get any low end on them! :rolleyes:[/quote]

ok i borrowed (stole) my brother's subwoofer....and i take it back :)

i can feel it now....i apologise

[quote]I met the drummer outside the LA2 in 2000, really nice guy.[/quote]

i hear he's not in the band anymore?