Why become a member? ×

Hello from SE Wales

Pbassman

Hi - just joined up so a word of introduction.
I play (bass obviously) in a fairly newly formed band in SE Wales, covering classic pub rock stuff. We have an exceptionally talented lead guitarist (without ego!) and a vocalist with a rich pedigree, and they have joined myself, a drummer and rhythm guitarist for whom this is a new experience.
I'm a late starter (now aged 52) and got into this all through collecting basses - currently have 16 though will be thinning out over the winter. My favourite is '73 Jazz bass, thought the '83 Ricky 4001 is very pleasant. Interesting ones - Wilson SAB for late 60s, and '77 Gibson Triumph Recoring Bass. Amplification is Roland DB210, and have an old Carlsbro Delta 300w bass amp + cab, which really ought to be moved on soon, though it is an impresive piece of kit.
I'm looking forward to seeing what tips I can pick up from obviously more talented folk on here.
Cheers
Phil

Hi pbassman and welcome :) Sounds like you've got some seriously interesting kit there!

There's a fair amount of useful playing stuff in the technique section, and you'll find some interesting gear in the amps for sale thread - much better prices than ebay and you meet some nice people picking it up.

Cheers

Skank

Edited by skankdelvar