Why become a member? ×

I should really say hi

thunderbird13

Have been around the forum for about 7 or 8 months now so it’s about time I said hello. If anyone is interested here’s my story (I wont blame you if you skip this bit) :) :

I’ve done the usual thing of playing in mates bands in my 20 ‘s and early 30’s then got frustrated by lack of commitment/ petty band politics/ lack of direction. I then decided that if I wanted to play bass I should take it very seriously so I got a teacher and learnt a lot of theory and different styles, practiced almost all my spare time and generally became a bit of a bass bore. After 2 years of this, and only playing in my bedroom, I just got bored with everything and sold all my gear and basically gave up listening to music.
Now in my 40’s I have suddenly found the passion again for music , mainly whats now called classic rock I got some cheap gear and after some rubbish auditions I have managed to get into a tribute band .Its early days yet and I don’t want to say too much in case I screw it up but if it comes together it should be interesting (well if you like 70’s space rock anyway).
In terms of gear I don’t have anything special an Epiphone Thunderbird, a Cort C4 ( I think , the guy who sold had acquired a load of bankrupt stock and didn’t really know what it was ) a bog standard Trace Elliot combo and a new Zoom B2.1U

Erm that’s all !!!!

Cheers Alistair