Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Enfield, UK

bethnalgreen

Hello all,

I'm 50 now and started playing bass ten years ago when I was taking my son to guitar lessons. I'd never played a musical instrument before, and his teacher taught guitar, bass, and drums. I needed something to challenge me in middle age so bass seemed the easiest and quietest option!

It was a terrific introduction as he taught me to read bass clef but I soon got lazy and moved to tab - I wish I'd stuck it out!

I play with a couple of covers bands in and around Enfield / Hertfordshire, doing the usual standards with some Coldplay, Travis, Killers and similar thrown in.

I mainly use my Jazz but have a P-Bass as a backup, going through an Ashdown C410T-300 combi.

Looking forward to taking part in the forums!

JJ

let me guess, north london music centre? I started off taking lessons there, but like you gave up when it got to learning reading bass clef.

If you hadn't guessed I also live in enfield (southgate to be specific). Welcome to the forum, there's a rediculous amount of knowledge in these pages, so good luck taking it all in!

[quote name='Zach' date='Aug 10 2009, 09:21 PM' post='565415']
let me guess, north london music centre? I started off taking lessons there, but like you gave up when it got to learning reading bass clef.

/quote]

Nope, a private tutor in Uvedale Road - he was a professional musician playing in cabaret type bands in the 50s and 60s - a real gent!