Why become a member? ×

Anyone here using a Gallien Krueger Neo combo?

Delberthot

I've just managed to get myself a GK Neo 700/112 combo which is a 700RB II & Neo 1x12" put together.

I found it on Ebay with a minute to go so had to make a fast decision but I got it so cheap that if its rubbish I could take the amp out and use it with my Schroeder cab and still be quids in.

I'd probably get a matching Neo 112 cab for larger gigs but the combo should be fine for smaller stuff. That would mean selling ther Schroeder as its redundant now.

I was wondering what other people thought of theirs while I am waiting for mine to come?

Broadsword calling Danny Boy, come in Danny Boy.

Doesn't anyone else here use GK heads & cabs?

I've been on Talkbs but they're more concerned with getting a bloody membership number for their 'club'. Blooody kids the lot of them. I remember when this was all just fields as far as the eye could see

Yes, I've got a 1001RB and a pair of 1x12 Neos.

I bought the rig after hearing a 700RB/1x15 combo, and I've never (yet) regretted it.

The fan (top exhaust) is a slight downside if you're rack-mounting, as you really need an extra U above for it to exhaust into, but at least (being large) it's quiet.
Everything else about it is outstanding - feels/sounds infinitely powerful!

I love the cabs too, though they're not the lightest Neos by some way they're not heavy.
The finish lasts reasonably well so far, and the handles and grilles don't rattle.
The sound/effect is hard to describe sensibly, but I'd say they reproduce attack particularly well.

I'd buy another GK head in an instant, but I'd probably take a look at Alex's offerings if I was buying cabs again.