Why become a member? ×

Solo Bassists

JBassist

Do they sell many albums? - As with many artists, probably only they and their record companies know the actual figure. And I suppose it depends how one defines 'many'. More than some musicians, but less than others.

To non-bass-playing music fans? - Difficult to establish as industry sales data doesn't seem to include fields for purchaser vs musical intrument player vs instrument type.

Do they make a lot of money? - Probably only they and their accountants know the actual figure, but between their solo output and any other work, it would seem to be enough to allow them to pursue their chosen career.

I suspect your entirely sensible questions may remain unanswered... :)

Edited by skankdelvar

I suspect their income from making music is fairly meagre, but it's heavily subsidised by fees for photos of them holding various bits of gear and saying "I actually use this", along with tours of music shops doing "clinics", which are basically opportunities for endorsing artists to say "Given that I apparently like and use this product, and you would like to be more like me, you should probably buy one", but mostly consist of blazing solos following by brief Q&A sessions where all the answers are "practise a lot", and then the odd anorak gets his copy of something signed a photo of himself looking a bit out of place with the Bass Megastar looking a bit apprehensive.