Why become a member? ×

SOLD on ebayMarkbass Std 102hf For Sale or Trade

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220465697473"]Ebay link[/url] with pics etc.

Edited below - now for sales or trade -

It is in excellent condition, unmarked save the usual corner protector scratches.
8 ohm, 400w.
The current version only has one slot of ports, mine is the prev one (still orange tho), with ports top and bottom.

Awesome cabs, I have owned 3 of these now.

I will entertain £350 plus postage - would rather meet up somewhere tho as I have not got a box. Nottingham.

I will do some photos later on.

Trades wise - preamps, power amp, heads? No bases though.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by nottswarwick

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='553080' date='Jul 27 2009, 07:26 PM']going down the pre/power route, and will be getting a single 4 ohm cab to do the business, driven with a QSC RMX2450 and sansamp RBI (BDDI for now though).[/quote]

With that amount of power the last thing you need to worry about is getting a 4 ohm cab - the world is your oyster!

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='566671' date='Aug 12 2009, 12:20 PM']sold on the bay of E.

Basschatters have missed a couple of great sales from me lol[/quote]
But you had it on here at £350 and sold it on ebay for £290, perhaps that's not why you are hitting the buyers on here. Just a thought.

[quote name='dazco' post='566838' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:13 PM']But you had it on here at £350 and sold it on ebay for £290, perhaps that's not why you are hitting the buyers on here. Just a thought.[/quote]

Maybe it sold on eBay for a very low price. Doesn't mean to say that NottsWarwick was trying to rip BCers off.

lol. Don't was all expect to negotiate?

It was funny actually, and the only reason I let it go for the price - the buyer (who is on here) lives down the road as it turns out, and brought cash round immediately, and took it away, so no messing with Paypal fees, postage, meeting half way etc etc.

Cash in the hand is king, I might have sold it on here for £320 maybe, and then had to mess around posting or delivering. All evens out in the end.

And no, for the avoidance of doubt, I was not trying to rip anyone off, not that this has been suggested.

Hello there,

I'm the lucky punter that bought it. Explained to Chris that I was undecided on what to go for in that the thrust of the advice I'd had was Mark Bass cabs might not be as good as the amps, and I was leaning towards an LMII and a schroeder cab.

At £290 I felt confident I would offload it if it didn't work out.

Having got it home and had a play with my old head (not yet bought a new amp) it sounds top class to me. Have'nt gigged with it yet but I'm staggered at the difference.

So basically just to say when looking at the new price £350 seems fair and it was at that at this morning on e-bay. I just made a best offer and got round quick with cash. I was'nt trying to stitch Chris up I was genuinely undecided and I'm sure theres no way he was mucking about asking for £350.

Having met him I'm hoping he'll start giving my sons lessons on guitar and drums, so hopefully I'll pay him back the difference fairly quickly.

So just for the record a very helpful and nice guy to deal with, I just got lucky.

Cheers

John

Thanks John.

At the end of the day, the auction had "best offer" on it for a reason - to invite offers. It was not simply fixed price. I have seen too many things sit around in the for sale sections in here for far too long, and Ebay is clearly a far bigger audience than just on here.

I make my living playing and teaching bass, guitar and drums. Hence pieces of equipment are not just playthings for me, but simply tools of the trade. Cash raised has bought a 4*10 I needed, and will buy an acoustic guitar I also need, along with a preamp possibly.

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='567400' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:22 PM']Thanks John.

At the end of the day, the auction had "best offer" on it for a reason - to invite offers. It was not simply fixed price. I have seen too many things sit around in the for sale sections in here for far too long, and Ebay is clearly a far bigger audience than just on here.

I make my living playing and teaching bass, guitar and drums. Hence pieces of equipment are not just playthings for me, but simply tools of the trade. Cash raised has bought a 4*10 I needed, and will buy an acoustic guitar I also need, along with a preamp possibly.[/quote]
I was not trying to say you was ripping anybody off and I apologise profusely if that is how it seemed. I just think that suggesting Basschatters have missed a couple of good sales is a bit inappropriate if the good sales were not offered to them.

When I buy stuff that is offered here I always assume (maybe wrongly) that the seller has gone that little bit further to keep the price down, in the great Basschat tradition, and I would not dream of asking them to knock off nearly 20% off the price.

Once again I am sorry if there was the mearest hint I thought you was ripping anyone off.

[quote name='dazco' post='567567' date='Aug 13 2009, 06:31 AM']I was not trying to say you was ripping anybody off and I apologise profusely if that is how it seemed. I just think that suggesting Basschatters have missed a couple of good sales is a bit inappropriate if the good sales were not offered to them.

When I buy stuff that is offered here I always assume (maybe wrongly) that the seller has gone that little bit further to keep the price down, in the great Basschat tradition, and I would not dream of asking them to knock off nearly 20% off the price.

Once again I am sorry if there was the mearest hint I thought you was ripping anyone off.[/quote]

Fair comment. You can be sure that if the cab had not gone so fast to a chap within 800yds of my house, Basschatters would have been invited more formally to make offers. lol, maybe I could have got £350. Who knows. I bought a cab at a good price too, so personally I am happy.

Tell you what, there is a great deal on a LM2 and 104hf on the board elsewhere right now.

So, all is cool

Best regards

C