Why become a member? ×

ESP 6 String

ape

[quote name='budget bassist' post='551929' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:34 PM']ah sweet, i saw that one in soundcheck, was tempted to try it myself, how is it? lovely spalt maple top :)[/quote]

Lol thats where I got it from, its a really really good bass you should go and try one, amazing to play and the sound is top notch I expected it to sound pretty average against my warwick but once you get it cranked up its up there with it if I'm honest which isn't bad to say that the Esp is 3 times cheaper than the warwick new

[quote name='7string' post='552223' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:48 PM']That ESP looks great.

How are you finding having to deal with 2 extra strings ?[/quote]

Its been alright so far, it seems a lot easier to get around than I imagined, I'm making more use of the Low B than the C but that will come, its really comfortable to play though and to be honest I'm preferring the width of the neck compared to my 4 string warwick, I dont know if thats me being a bit odd but I tend to find the warwick neck to be a bit skinny.

[quote name='karlbbb' post='552734' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:26 PM']Is this the B-206? Tempted it by it.[/quote]

No mate this is the B406sm I think the 206 is bolt on instead of neckthrough and doesn't have the EMG pups, other than that I think they're the same though.

Edited by ape

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='553321' date='Jul 27 2009, 10:42 PM']there seems to be quite a few people out there after a competitively priced 6 string at the moment. perhaps youd be kind enough to do a review for the forum?[/quote]

I could certainly try and give it a go, not something I've done before though, I'll have a look through some other reviews when I get 5 to get an idea and try and write one, any particular info thats useful?.

[quote name='ape' post='553809' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:23 PM']I could certainly try and give it a go, not something I've done before though, I'll have a look through some other reviews when I get 5 to get an idea and try and write one, any particular info thats useful?.[/quote]

stuff such as: materials, electronics, action, playability, tonal quality, balance (on and off strap?), build quality etc. all go into a good review :)