Why become a member? ×

changing speakers/customising cab - advice please

ray_6ao7

[quote name='stevie' post='547512' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:15 PM']Celestion's best 10-inch is the NTR10-2520E, which is certainly one of the world's best of its type. They retail for about £100 each. If I were in your shoes, I'd see if Warwick would get Celestion to send you eight for you to fit yourself. I think it's the least they could do for one of their endorsees. The speakers will probably cost Warwick about £35 each at OEM prices, which you should offer to pay because you will be able to recover a large chunk of this by selling the old drivers on eBay.
You would then have a 2,000 watt cabinet that will piss all over anything you can buy in a shop. Seriously.[/quote]

Steve thanks for all the help...spoke to celestion this morning and they're giving me 8 for £350.00 :) and i get added to the celestion artist roster :rolleyes:

Edited by ray_6ao7

[quote name='ray_6ao7' post='548782' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:08 PM']Steve thanks for all the help...spoke to celestion this morning and they're giving me 8 for £350.00 :) and i get added to the celestion artist roster :rolleyes:[/quote]
Wahoooooooo!!!! Result! :lol: See what a bit of persistence can do? Well done Ray! Sometimes Basschat makes you feel all warm inside.

• 3 weeks later...