Why become a member? ×

Les Evans custom 6 fretless

alembic1989

Bought this bass a while back and had it upgraded with an East preamp.
It has a huge sound and very hifi sounding. It is a real beauty, the woods are killing . and I love the way the thru body design spills over on to the fretboard. The top is rippled olive wood, and the back is figured bubinga..and it weighs an absolute ton....but I sort of like heavy basses anyway.

Edited by alembic1989

[quote name='bythesea' post='546292' date='Jul 21 2009, 12:27 PM']Work of art! Haven't seen any other of his, love the body shaping. Any chance of a full length pic?[/quote]

Happy to oblige...full length pics now added.
Unfortunately I lack the facilities to do a sound clip.

Fook me , that really is a beauty! If you can, get some sound clips up on here, would love to hear what she sounds like.
Whats going on with the B string at the bridge?

EDIT: Just read the thing bout no sound clips. Perhaps someone living near this fella with recording capabilities might be able to help in this area????

Edited by Skywalker83

[quote name='Skywalker83' post='548614' date='Jul 23 2009, 09:46 AM']Fook me , that really is a beauty! If you can, get some sound clips up on here, would love to hear what she sounds like.
Whats going on with the B string at the bridge?

EDIT: Just read the thing bout no sound clips. Perhaps someone living near this fella with recording capabilities might be able to help in this area????[/quote]

the maker used a warwick tailpiece (I think)..and the fat low B is just a little too fat for the slot....