Why become a member? ×

Hartke 3500

soundbass

[quote name='soundbass' post='545720' date='Jul 20 2009, 08:54 PM']How good is the Hartke 3500 is it that much better than my Ashdown Mag 300, or should I save a bit more until I can afford Ashdown ABM Evo 3. As I can get a 2nd hand Hartke 3500 for under £250 and just a few years old.[/quote]

I have a Hartke 3500 and I prefer it to the Ashdown amps I have used (admittedly I haven't tried many, just a couple of the 2x10 combos - can't remember if it was MAG or ABM). Much more precise control over the sound. A cleaner, sharper sound all round from the 3500 - to my ears anyway.

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='545728' date='Jul 20 2009, 09:03 PM']I think it will be fairly good any way hartke generally is. I have a weird idea of doing the same thing as the bassist form aerosmith and getting two hartke ha3500 and running them through two 4 ohm 4x10's. pretty cool. Decent heads though.[/quote]

If you can find one, get a HA7000 instead - same front end as a 3500, but with 2 power amps and a switchable crossover. That way, you'd only be carrying one amp around.
I picked mine up from this very forum for a very good price.

A

I don't think you can really compare Ashdown and Hartke, though.

Two different kinds of tone, two different approaches.
Whereas Ashdown heads are more, erm, kind of "old school" (to my ears, anyway), the Hartke sound is a more modern one.

Edited by Boneless