Why become a member? ×

18mm String spacing for a 33" scale, too wide?

Skywalker83

My single cut Sei is both 33" scale and has 18mm spacing - it took a little getting used to after playing a warwick Thumbfor 18 years but I'm used to it now - no reason for you to stick to those measurements if you want it tighter spaced but I like it now, do what you want especially on a custom bass.

Mike

Problem solved, had a chat with my luthier and we're going to loosely base the neck dimensions on a Warwick broadneck,which is 55mm at the nut for a 6 string.

Out of Interest Mike, does your Sei use a Schaller 2000 Bridge? i was just looking at pics of it on your site.

Edited by Skywalker83

[quote name='Skywalker83' post='544833' date='Jul 19 2009, 06:14 PM']Problem solved, had a chat with my luthier and we're going to loosely base the neck dimensions on a Warwick broadneck,which is 55mm at the nut for a 6 string.

Out of Interest Mike, does your Sei use a Schaller 2000 Bridge? i was just looking at pics of it on your site.[/quote]

It's actually a Hipshot/Graph Tech bridge - with piezzo pickups in called a 'Ghost System' - it's pretty wicked actually, Martin suggested it and I love it for some super snappy slap sounds or 'zingy' fingerstyle - have a look here

[url="http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?ProductID=67&CurrencyID=2"]http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?Pro...mp;CurrencyID=2[/url]

M