Why become a member? ×

Markbass 121H combo

WalMan

• 2 months later...

I've had a CMD121H for about a year now. It's handled everything I've thrown at it, from quite big venues to very small. Two things I've noticed relating to small venues - with the Ashdown Mag and Harke HA3500 rigs I had before they sounded good at reasonably high volume, but at low volume I couldn't get a sound I liked out of them. With the MB, it sounds just as good at any volume level. Second thing is, in a small space I sometimes have to stand beside it, and it sounds just as good from there. I've never used anything to raise it or angle it, but never had a problem hearing it.

My one small gripe is the stupid luggage strap on the top which makes it difficult to carry, even though it is light. My Nemesis cab, which cost a third of the price, has three recessed handles in just the right places. Why can't other makers do that?

I actually got one of these cabs now and it really is superb. My only gripe with it is it is not super friendly to Precisions. They sounds good but only good. My two Jazz basses, one ESP fretless with Barts and one MIA Fender Jazz sounds truely awsome and that is with the amp set flat. I am quite blown away with it. If I was just a Precision player then I would probably look at other options but for Jazz and fretless then it is awsome.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1307564639' post='1261884']
I've had a CMD121H for about a year now. It's handled everything I've thrown at it, from quite big venues to very small. Two things I've noticed relating to small venues - with the Ashdown Mag and Harke HA3500 rigs I had before they sounded good at reasonably high volume, but at low volume I couldn't get a sound I liked out of them. With the MB, it sounds just as good at any volume level. Second thing is, in a small space I sometimes have to stand beside it, and it sounds just as good from there. I've never used anything to raise it or angle it, but never had a problem hearing it.

My one small gripe is the stupid luggage strap on the top which makes it difficult to carry, even though it is light. My Nemesis cab, which cost a third of the price, has three recessed handles in just the right places. Why can't other makers do that?
[/quote]

Yes I have to agree , I love this combo but why the crap handle it really gets on my nerves , when all their other cabs have those inset handles ..

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1316684709' post='1381285']

Yes I have to agree , I love this combo but why the crap handle it really gets on my nerves , when all their other cabs have those inset handles ..
[/quote]

Yep have to agree also. In fact, the rubber on mine has started to split and crack which is very poor considering it less than a year old. I hope the rubber bit is just covering a more stable strap inside. Otherwise, if it snaps then I could be in for a bit of bother and pain if it falls on my foot or something.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1316684948' post='1381291']

Yep have to agree also. In fact, the rubber on mine has started to split and crack which is very poor considering it less than a year old. I hope the rubber bit is just covering a more stable strap inside. Otherwise, if it snaps then I could be in for a bit of bother and pain if it falls on my foot or something.
[/quote]
The rubber cover on my old 121H combo's handlecame out of the end blocks, but I am pretty sure that there is a metal inset with holes the ends screw through so it shouldn't break.

Funny to look back at this and see see Bobby Apostle's post as that was what I was using the combo for in one of my bands and it was fine - particularly as I have just invested in a set of PK5 pedals as well.

Since the combo I have moved onto the LMT and Barefaced SuperTwelve, but the combo was great and served me well for quite a few years.

• 2 months later...