Why become a member? ×

Markbass extension cab

KERMITNT

Guys

I have a quick question for you about my markbass. Which extension cab you think fits better to my CMD121P? I was thinking adding a new traveler 2x10 cab to extend the range and attack of my sound instead of buying the new York extension cab..

Share your thoughts

Thanks

Edited by KERMITNT

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='541933' date='Jul 16 2009, 09:01 AM']Guys

I have a quick question for you about my markbass. Which extension cab you think fits better to my CMD121P? I was thinking adding a new traveler 2x10 cab to extend the range and attack of my sound instead of buying the new York extension cab..

Share your thoughts

Thanks[/quote]

Traveler 121H or New York 121 could be better as its Not always a good idea to mix speaker sizes like 10 and 12's unless your biamping. Your amp will also be a perfect fit for the NY121 or if you put the 121H on its side (if thats important to you). 121H gives a better low end than the others as well.

I don't know Markbass cabs, but I use a Bergantino AE112 and AE210. The fullness of the 12 and the punch of the 210 really work well together. This is one of the best sounds I have had and 2 of my bands have asked me to bring this rig to gigs in future. I heard these cabs before I bought them so I would also recommend that you listen to your Markbass cabs first.

[quote name='chris_b' post='541951' date='Jul 16 2009, 11:24 AM']I don't know Markbass cabs, but I use a Bergantino AE112 and AE210. The fullness of the 12 and the punch of the 210 really work well together. This is one of the best sounds I have had and 2 of my bands have asked me to bring this rig to gigs in future. I heard these cabs before I bought them so I would also recommend that you listen to your Markbass cabs first.[/quote]

i think those cabs are awsome but plz tell me if i buy the AE210 is in 4Ω isnt it?

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='542031' date='Jul 16 2009, 10:45 AM']....i think those cabs are awsome but plz tell me if i buy the AE210 is in 4Ω isnt it?....[/quote]
No, the AE210 is 8 ohm, but I'm not suggesting the AE210 will work with your Markbass! You would have to hear it to be sure. It might but I don't know that, so I would probably audition a Markbass extension cab first.

Last week I tried my AE210 with a Barefaced Compact 115 and they sounded great together so mixing manufacturers can work if you're lucky but, in my opinion, you always have to hear the speaker cab combination first.