Why become a member? ×

bootzilla wah fuzz

munkonthehill

All my good good people, it appears i have a situation with my bootzilla wah pedal.

Whenever i activate it i get a serioulsy hideous clicking sound through my amp,,,,is this just the way it is or is my pedal at fault.

Its such an amazing fuzz and wah that i dont want to get rid of it so im hoping for some help here folks

cheers
steven

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='542470' date='Jul 16 2009, 06:09 PM']nope, I dont know anyone with one of these, i have read reviews saying there is an audible noise when switched but i was just wondering how severe it is for other folk[/quote]

Have you done the usuall checks: Battery/Power lead, cables, opened it up and looked for loose parts ect?

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='542584' date='Jul 16 2009, 08:41 PM']yeah, i had to open up the box as the pedal was slack and wouldnt stay in position so i seen that everything is as it should be, is there anyway of cleaning these switches properly? any products?[/quote]

Contact cleaner maybe?

lol, is that A or B?

Now, i'm only posting because no-one else is trying to help, but beware i am NOT an expert. However, this is what i'd do....

I suspect it's A. If so, open it up, get a couple of wires and put them on either side of the switch. You can put these wires together to simulate switching the pedal on with the footswitch. If you don't get the pop, replace the switch. If you do get the pop, your pedal is f*cked.

If it's B, your pedal is f*cked.

When I say f*cked, I don't mean it can't be repaired, I just mean it will probably have to go to a pro. There are a few guys on this board that repair pedals.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='549760' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:28 AM']lol, is that A or B?

Now, i'm only posting because no-one else is trying to help, but beware i am NOT an expert. However, this is what i'd do....

I suspect it's A. If so, open it up, get a couple of wires and put them on either side of the switch. You can put these wires together to simulate switching the pedal on with the footswitch. If you don't get the pop, replace the switch. If you do get the pop, your pedal is f*cked.

If it's B, your pedal is f*cked.

When I say f*cked, I don't mean it can't be repaired, I just mean it will probably have to go to a pro. There are a few guys on this board that repair pedals.[/quote]

cheers bro, i appreciate it, what do you mean by putting 2 wires together though?

a switch is just two wires being connected and disconnected, so simulate the function of the switch without using the switch and you should be able to tell if the switch is broken. All you need is a couple of wires connected to the same points as the footswitch, then connect and disconnect them to see if you get the pop.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lifer' post='564026' date='Aug 9 2009, 10:29 AM']I've got one of these and had the 'clunk' as well, bought a loop pedal and have the wah always on, just switch the loop on when I want to use it.[/quote]

That's what I do with all my pedals.

I've tried the Bootzilla Wah and thought it was absolutely incredible on one particular setting. I don't remember the clicking on sound but it wouldn't surprise me - Snarlin' Dogs make great-sounding pedals which sadly have a reputation for not being as well designed/built as they sound.