Why become a member? ×

SWR Goliath Junior II 2x10 Cab - SOLD

[b]Sold[/b]

Hi Folks

I'm upgrading my rig so need to move on some of my equipment that has served me very well over the last couple of years, starting with this mid 90's [b]SWR Goliath Junior II 210[/b] cab, which is for sale at [b]£150[/b] plus p&p. It seems that SWR really peaked as a company in the 90's and this cab is an excellent example of what they did very well back then..which was make great sounding bass gear!

I bought this on Basschat about 2 years ago, then sold it on last year. But in typical Basschat fashion, recently bought it back again because I missed the sound it gave me when running it in conjunction with my SWR Triad.. Though it is excellent with the Triad, it's also a[b] great sounding cab in it's own right[/b] and because of the twin rear ports, it has an [b]excellent frequency range[/b] and handles the [b]low B [/b]on my 5 String basses very well!!

[attachment=28924:Jul_09_0...ed_25065.jpg] [attachment=28925:Jul_09_0...ed_19932.jpg]

Here's what the SWR website says about it:
[i]"The first upgrade to our original 2x10, featuring a redesigned crossover, input panel and 10" driver, as well as upgraded construction techniques and materials. The Goliath Junior II was upgraded again in 1996 to the Goliath Junior III.

Impedance: 4 ohms
Power Handling Capacity: 250 Watts RMS
Sensitivity: 103 dB SPL @ 1W1M
Frequency Response: -6db @ 40Hz and 12kHz
Production Period: 1990 to 1996
Final Retail Price: $649.00"[/i]

And there's some very good [b]reviews[/b], first on BGRA [url="http://www.bgra.net/2004/review.php?id=86&type=cabinet"]HERE[/url] and also on Harmony Central [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/SWR/Goliath+Jr+II+Cabinet/10/1"]HERE[/url]. It is in good condition cosmetically considering it's age, and in all other respects it is [b]working perfectly[/b]! It is quite heavy at [b]55lbs[/b] but because it's quite small and compact with good side handles, I can move this around quite easily.

[attachment=28926:Jul_09_0...ed_23617.jpg] [attachment=28927:Jul_09_0...ed_12886.jpg]

(By the way, the mark at the back of the cab is on the photo, not actually on the cab!!)

My reason for selling is simply to upgrade, hopefully to an all Eden rig, but otherwise, I'd be very happy to continue using this cab because it sounds great! And 'great' to me means that it very faithfully reproduces the sound of your bass & amp, without any real colouration..

When I bought it originally, I had it couriered via APC which cost me [b]£25[/b] at the time and I would be happy to ship this in a similar fashion for anyone who is interested but not within easy reach of here..here being [b]Littlehampton[/b] in [b]West Sussex[/b] by the way. For anyone else who's interested and nearby, then you'd be [b]very welcom[/b]e to come here, have a cuppa and a chat and [b]listen to it in action![/b]

Any questions, feel free to PM me or ask away here.. Thanks for looking.

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='walbassist' post='541085' date='Jul 15 2009, 10:51 AM']My first "proper" rig was one of these cabs with a Triad and SWR Basic 350 amp. Awesome tone and build quality![/quote]
Cheers Gareth!

Never hear the my SWR cabs with an SWR head but they've sounded very good with Eden, Peavey and Gallien Krueger heads, which is a good sign I think...

Always used to be solid and very dependable cabs and good at handling a low B as a standalone.

I think they really upped the game when they came along.

Very good kit for that price... to be used as a part of a rig, IMV

I still run one with a 15 and it is hard to put a big distance between that set-up and other cabs without spending a LOT of money..IMO