Why become a member? ×

Bargainous Pickup

Shambo

Were [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-PICKUP-1964-VINTAGE-USA_W0QQitemZ280371765511QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item414775a107&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A4|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200"]these[/url] lovingly wound by jehova? Or do old pickups really go for this much? :)

In the late 80s early 90s I sent a pair of p bass pickups from my 64 to Kent armstrong for rewind because one of the cables had come off.
He said I would be better off with a new pair of genuine fenders which he would let me have at cost and he would keep mine for spares.
Oh how gullible I was

[quote name='bumnote' post='540801' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:23 PM']In the late 80s early 90s I sent a pair of p bass pickups from my 64 to Kent armstrong for rewind because one of the cables had come off.
He said I would be better off with a new pair of genuine fenders which he would let me have at cost and he would keep mine for spares.
Oh how gullible I was[/quote]

Well he probably re-wound them and sold then to the next punter for £20 so he's probably kicking himself too:)

[quote name='OldGit' post='540804' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:25 PM']Well he probably re-wound them and sold then to the next punter for £20 so he's probably kicking himself too:)[/quote]

What a ridiculous business this has become.

My best friend moved to a place near Doncaster in the 80s. We used to go and look around the music ground shop and think how ridiculous the prices were then.

Oh if only we had spend more on guitars and less on beer. A point I remind my wife when I bring another bass into the house.

[quote name='bumnote' post='540841' date='Jul 14 2009, 11:18 PM']What a ridiculous business this has become.

My best friend moved to a place near Doncaster in the 80s. We used to go and look around the music ground shop and think how ridiculous the prices were then.

Oh if only we had spend more on guitars and less on beer. A point I remind my wife when I bring another bass into the house.[/quote]

ha ha yeah if only we'd all bought an extra set of Pbass scratchplate screws and pots in the 60's