Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ATK700

Spartacus

I wasn't even aware they have been sold outside the US, I always thought it was a US-only model!

Or do you mean the old twin-pickup ATK700 of the late '90's, that had a mahogany body with an ash top and the triplecoil moved slightly closer towards the bridge?

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='540794' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:17 PM']I wasn't even aware they have been sold outside the US, I always thought it was a US-only model!

Or do you mean the old twin-pickup ATK700 of the late '90's, that had a mahogany body with an ash top and the triplecoil moved slightly closer towards the bridge?[/quote]

No i mean the current (discontinued?) ATK700 made in korea. Ash body and maple cap. 5 piece maple & walnut neck. Single 3 coil pickup with no scratchplate. Like [url="http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01890"]this one[/url].

[quote name='Spartacus' post='540977' date='Jul 15 2009, 09:05 AM']No i mean the current (discontinued?) ATK700 made in korea. Ash body and maple cap. 5 piece maple & walnut neck. Single 3 coil pickup with no scratchplate. Like [url="http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01890"]this one[/url].[/quote]

I was looking to buy one for sometime but was stuck between this and paying slightly more for a MM sub. The problem is that ATK model is 200 GBP more than the ATK300 and the only difference is the 5 piece neck which as far as i understood makes no tonal difference, it also looks alot cheaper imo as there is no scratchplate. In the end though i searched endlessly for a 750 or 400 series (the one with the extra jazz pu) as it made the bass even more versatile but i just couldnt find them in UK and the US websites that did international shipping wanted credit card receipts/id etc. on top of shipping that costs almost as much as the bass itself so for now i gave up. If you've got the patience i would recommend trying to get a 750 imported over that one. I think they cost 700$ which is about the same as a atk300 here.

Edited by Sazgo

[quote name='Sazgo' post='542032' date='Jul 16 2009, 10:46 AM']I was looking to buy one for sometime but was stuck between this and paying slightly more for a MM sub. The problem is that ATK model is 200 GBP more than the ATK300 and the only difference is the 5 piece neck which as far as i understood makes no tonal difference, it also looks alot cheaper imo as there is no scratchplate. In the end though i searched endlessly for a 750 or 400 series (the one with the extra jazz pu) as it made the bass even more versatile but i just couldnt find them in UK and the US websites that did international shipping wanted credit card receipts/id etc. on top of shipping that costs almost as much as the bass itself so i for now i gave up. If you've got the patience i would recommend trying to get a 750 imported over that one. I think they cost 700$ which is about the same as a atk300 here.[/quote]

Thanks fir the considered reply. The cosmetics are going to be a matter of personal choice and i prefer the cleaner look of the 700. ALso i dont need the extra jazz pickup for my needs. Ive compared the 300 and 700 and i think theres more definition in the midrange on the 700 which could be down to the neck constrcution. Have found a 700 new in the UK for less than what looks like the 'usual' cost for a 300, but wanted some opinions before committing fully.