Why become a member? ×

I bought this wonderful little tenor guitar direct from Fylde in December last year.

Tenor guitars were invented in the early C20th to facilitate the conversion of banjo players to guitar as the latter became popular. This one is tuned GDAE (low to high), so it has virtually the same range as a normal guitar, just with two less strings.

It's a wonderful instrument that has just been added to the regular Fylde range. It's pretty much mint condition, Fylde having used it as a demo prior to me buying it, with just a very small nick on the front of the headstock and a couple of light pick marks that will probably polish out; I've added a strap button (supplied by Fylde) at the neck joint.

I've never gigged it, just played it at home, and it's strung with Elixirs. The tone is sweet, but surprisingly loud. No pickup fitted. Comes with the original Hiscox case.

Full specification can be found on the Fylde website [url="http://www.fyldeguitars.com/guitars.html"]here[/url], but it's basically cedar top, sapele back and sides with a mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard; the promotional pictures featured on the website are of the actual instrument I have for sale.

Happy to post worldwide at cost.

RRP is £1100 for a new one, so get one that's basically new for a little less. Only reason for selling is I've spotted a vintage Martin tenor that I [i]really[/i] want!

Edited by walbassist

• 2 weeks later...