Why become a member? ×

which cab help

lojo

Sorry guys another which cab question

Had a little mark II head for a while with no cabinet to go with it (traded it for my ashdown evo gear which i didnt like)

Now with my old SWR combo miss firing I need to get a cab to go with the mark bass and sharpish

Love the look of the warwick 610 (never heard or lifted one), music shops seem to suggest I would be more than happy with a Markbass 104HF

Could afford (or stretch to!) the Mark bass, but dont want to spend £900 when £500-600 would make me happy

Difficult time/distance wise (and the fact that you have to order most things) to play it before buying, so will have to make an informed choice and take the plunge

Suggestions and comments gratefully received (covers bands no PA support)

Edited by lojo

I have a little mark11 and use it with an aguilar db12, loads of bass and clarity and punch with so much variety of tone, with the sort of money you're looking at spending you may be able to get 2 and then you can use 1 or 2 when the mood takes or depending on the size of the venue.

hope that helps Nathan

I've recently got a Barefaced Bigone - its an awesome cab. The sound that comes out of it is amazing. You get nice deep thick lows, punchy mids and clear highs. It cuts through the mix of two guitars and drums in my band and I can hear it well wherever i'm standing. Its loud and I haven't had a chance to use it for a gig yet (sat 11th is the next one) but I know its going to perform very well. Another thing - it is so light, very portable with recessed wheels. Its a much better shape for transporting than most cabs and it feels lighter than my LH1000 head!!!

I want another one... :)

Highly recommended!

[quote name='alexclaber' post='530328' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:19 AM']However if you actually NEED another one, I shall eat my cab! :)[/quote]

Could you imagine how loud it would be if I was running the full 1100w of my amp through two of them! It'd blow peoples faces off!

[quote]P.S. I think BigOne scans better than Bigone (which could be an italian bread product).[/quote]

Ha ha, yeah you're right there!

[quote name='lojo' post='528923' date='Jun 30 2009, 06:18 PM']Could afford (or stretch to!) the Mark bass, but dont want to spend £900 when £500-600 would make me happy

Suggestions and comments gratefully received (covers bands no PA support)[/quote]

I don't know where you live, but if you're near the South Coast go here - [url="http://www.barefacedbass.com/"]http://www.barefacedbass.com/[/url]

For £625 you'll be very happy indeed. I supoose Alex could post it as they're so light they only need a couple of first class stamps! :)