Why become a member? ×

Epifani UL902c amp F/S *PRICE DROP*

Hey all -

Selling my Epifani UL902c amp that I bought brand new in July 2007. Lived in a rack case since day one and has never been used past '3' on the volume, so consider it practically mint.

Brand new from The Bass Gallery these are just over £1900. Given the mint-ness of mine I'd be looking for about £1400 [i][b]*NOW £1300*[/b][/i]. Given that the economy sucks I'm open to offers. Trades too, particularly of the small amp + cash to me variety. I'd put up a photo but trust me, it looks just like the one on the website, with a rack case on it.

Here's the skinny from the Epifani website:

The Epifani UL 902C is a 2 channel, 1800 watt professional bass amplifier designed to deliver studio quality audio and road worthy performance. Described as "sounding like the channel strip of a high end vintage recording console" and powered by a pair of cutting edge, 900 watt class "D" amplifiers run in a parallel/mono configuration, the UL 902C offers superior tone shaping via the unique 2 channel design. Channel 1 features a 3 band, shelving EQ with a mid-cut option that is accessible by a front panel switch or by the optional footswitch - effectively giving the user two equalization parameters at the flick of a switch. Channel 2 features a bass and treble shelving EQ and a semi-parametric midrange equalizer for dialing in more precise EQ settings.

Manufactured from the highest quality components, the UL 902C offers a full complement of professional features including channel switching, effects loop, Balanced DI out, Pre-amp out, Neutrik Speak-On connectors, silent tuning mute, selectable voltage and pedal control input. With the optional footswitch a user can toggle between channels, activate the mid cut feature and mute the amplifier

Power Rating: 2x900 watts @ 4 ohms
Inputs: 1 Active, 1 Passive
Signal to Noise Ratio: 90 dB
Output Impedance: 4 oHms
Input Impedance:
Passive 470 KoHms
Active 200 KoHms
Pre-Amp Mute
Sweepable Midrange
Dimensions/Weight:
- 19"W x 11"D x 3" H (2 RU) 18 lbs[u][/u]

Edited by Gareth Hughes

Hi Gareth,

Am I right in thinking the 902 only comes as a rack mounted option - unlike the 502 which has detachable rack ears & a custom fit gig bag if you don't want to use the ears?

Also does it have the limiter circuit control next to the master volume?

My 502 doesn't have this but I know the latest models do.

Thanks Gareth,

My fault, the current online Epi site is showing the 902 without a limiter on the lower pic but the detailed part at the top of the site shows it with the limiter!

[url="http://www.epifani.com/products/ul902.php"]http://www.epifani.com/products/ul902.php[/url]

I'm only asking to check on dates of release really - I'd probably never even use the damn thing, lol.

[quote name='dood' post='529465' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:58 AM']Would love to see the 902 in a 'bridgeable' model. That would be a veritable monster![/quote]

Umm, 1,800 watts worth of clean bass power, that would be nice to fire up & fry a few people with :)

Honestly, even with just the one 900w power amp running -into either 2 1x12cabs (600w total) or a 3x10 (750w total) I've never had to run the volume higher than 3. There really is something glorious about a seemingly unlimited headroom from a power amp.

I did hook up 4 1x12 cabs to this once for a Jeff Beck/Joe Satriani-type trio and it was laughably amazing - just to feel that whack in the knees and the gut, and clarity in the ear.

Obviously £1400 is a lot for an amp, but it is a saving of £500 for a brand new one. So half a grand isn't a bad saving me thinks.

Edited by Gareth Hughes