Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** PRICE DROP - Fretless Ibanez SoundGear SR800 **SOLD**

AxelF

I've been reluctanly forced to have a clear out of a couple of basses, so for sale is an Ibanez SR800 in beautiful metallic green finish with matching neck and headstock - the photos really don't do the finish justice!

As far as I can determine it's an early 90's model, serial no is F417691, made in Japan. The body is Alder, with a three piece maple neck and a rosewood board. It's extremely light and with a slim neck, making it an incredibly easy and comfortable bass to play.

It was professionally de-fretted by The Bass Gallery in London resulting in a lined board for ease of playing. It's a P/J configuration with active electronics and 3 band eq, with master volume, pick up selection, stacked bass cut/boost and treble cut/boost and stacked mid cut/boost and mid frequency selection controls that give it a fantastic range of tones. Comes fitted with a Hipshot drop-D tuner (original tuner will also be supplied).

There's a few dings in the finish - on the end of the headstock, and a couple on the edge of the bass - one near the jack socket strap button and one on the top edge, but these aren't visible when playing. There was also a crack along the side of the top horn, but this was professionally repaired by the Bass Gallery and is as good as new (see photos).

Comes complete with a Ritter padded gig bag, sale price is £200 - an inexpensive way to try fretless playing with a great looking and sounding bass. You can contact me via PM, email at [email protected] or on 07989 608438. Cheers,

Dave

Edited by AxelF

When I saw the title, for a moment I thought it was my old one!

These are lovely basses - very light, very fast, thin necks. I still have my fretted SR800 and only sold my factory fretless because of the lack of lines!

This one's 1994 & made at Fujigen Gakki, probably making it one of the last MIJ SRs.

Best of luck with this one! :)

Jon.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='528011' date='Jun 29 2009, 07:06 PM']My 2002 SR is MIJ.[/quote]

Is it a high-end model? I think most Ibby production had shifted to Korea by the mid-90s, with just a few of the more expensive instruments being MIJ. Does the serial have an initial letter - that should indicate which factory built it, eg F = Fujigen.

J.

Yup, it's an SR705, made in the Fujigen factory in 2002.

I'm now looking for a neck-through MIJ 5er to go with it, and we are now derailing AxelF's thread something rotten!

Very nice fretless, by the way. Excellent colour. Good luck with the sale!

[Edit for typo]

Edited by JimBobTTD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...