Why become a member? ×

Since when did epiphone EB1/3 basses become so cheap?

I brought a Epiphone EB3 bass about 7 years ago for about £300, which was discounted at a trade show. I had the choice of that or a Mexican fender for about 10 quid more.

Now it looks as though you can pick up an Epi for £200!!!! Mexican Fenders go for £450.

I thought the price of things has gone up???? What with the recession!!!! What's Epiphones game?????????

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='525229' date='Jun 26 2009, 07:45 PM']I brought a Epiphone EB3 bass about 7 years ago for about £300, which was discounted at a trade show. I had the choice of that or a Mexican fender for about 10 quid more.

Now it looks as though you can pick up an Epi for £200!!!! Mexican Fenders go for £450.

I thought the price of things has gone up???? What with the recession!!!! What's Epiphones game?????????[/quote]

Er 'cos they are a one trick pony and not that good where as a P or J is a versatile jack of all trades ...