Why become a member? ×

Pod PRO X3 - anyone got one?

fretmeister

I have the X3 Live and am really in to it. There are just so many options, especially with the dual signal paths. - As with most Pod gear, expect to forget about the default patches and spend lots of time tweaking with the manual. But, if you give it time, the results are great.

I've only recently instally my X3 pro, but I'm pretty impressed so far. With me having some guitar duties at certain moments in one of my bands, it seemed like the ideal thing to have both models in the one box. The idea of splitting the signal through two paths, giving the opportunity to do things like adding a bit of grunt to the top end while keeping the lower end really smooth is great, although I'm still experimenting with the possibilities. As dood has mentioned, the presets are not for keeping although they give some idea of what can be done. My only complaint would be that although the onboard compressor works quite nicely most of the time, I'd like proper access to all the compressor settings, not just threshold and gain.

[quote name='jonsmith' post='523818' date='Jun 25 2009, 05:11 PM']My only complaint would be that although the onboard compressor works quite nicely most of the time, I'd like proper access to all the compressor settings, not just threshold and gain.[/quote]

Its an emulation of the legendary Teletronix LA-2A, a studio rack that has exactly those two control knobs, plus an extra 3-position knob for vumeter display (input/gain reduction/output). I guess implementing more parameters to that model would be complicated, arbitrary and would somehow reduce the fidelity of the emulation. I see your point, though, ie it shouldnt have been hard at all for Line6 to implement another digital-like compressor with every tweak possible, modeled after "nothing at all" just as they did with their own Line6 amp models, heh.

Edited by Fraktal