Why become a member? ×

JapCrap Scratch Plates plus one

Couple of Japcraps pickguards:

First one, I think this is the original from a Kay P bass I sold on here a few months ago - I found it down the back of the workbench!!!

This one is off (I believe - Jon, where are you?) an early 70's Antoria/Ibanez Jazz copy/lookalike?

and the plus one..........

a 9 hole MM pickguard:

Offers please!

:)

Geoff

Edited by geoffbyrne

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='515916' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:26 PM']This one is off (I believe - Jon, where are you?) an early 60's Antoria/Ibanez Jazz copy/lookalike?

[/quote]
Hi Geoff, yep, that'll be for any JapCrap Jazz with square chrome pups - early Antorias & Ibbys certainly did. Early 70s, that'll be. :)

Unfortunately I haven't got anything to put it on!

Jon.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='515916' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:26 PM']Couple of Japcraps pickguards:

First one, I think this is the original from a Kay P bass I sold on here a few months ago - I found it down the back of the workbench!!!

This one is off (I believe - Jon, where are you?) an early 60's Antoria/Ibanez Jazz copy/lookalike?

and the plus one..........

a 9 hole MM pickguard:

Offers please!

:)

Geoff[/quote]

hey how make the black pickguard

I must honestly tell you that this does not accurately fit a proper P bass - the Kays were very approximate. EG look at the shape of the heel socket - it's virtually square.

I have no idea how much it's worth - that's why I put it up for offers.

I know a certain seller in Germany who might try to sell this for about £600!!!!!!!!! :)

G.