Why become a member? ×

Red, Sparkly Bass *Shuker Build*

largo

Oops, don't know whats happened to the pics but I'll get some back online asap...

You can get a rough idea of the bass as it's the red, sparkly one shown on the www.shukerguitars.co.uk website, under custom options.
However, there's also been a few changes. Gone are the red block inlays, it was decided that they didn't stand out enough and so Jon replaced these for standard Mother of Pearl. Looks much better. Preamp was changed to a J-Retro deluxe and the pickups have recently been swapped for a set of Wizards. The Big Singles sound fantastic but the gigs I play meant they were prone to buzzing around dimmer switches and the likes.

Sei vs Shuker - I had the same preamp and pickups in each and the set-neck was much snappier and had a brighter sound to it. The Sei is definitely a duller sounding bass, more old skool if that makes sense. I can't make a direct comparison because it's different woods etc. in each bass but in my opinion the set neck has brought out the top end on my Shuker. Sounds much more aggressive, a bit like a good Warwick does.

Bass is in a lockup at the mo' so will get some new pics over the next week or two.