Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Down to 2 basses but love them both.

Jobiebass

[quote name='alexharvay' post='553828' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:33 PM']Of all the Shukers on Basschat, that black jazz is my favourite. It looks so sick. I bet it plays just as well.[/quote]

It REALLY does. its set up perfectly, the scale length makes everything so much easyer and that ACG pre is better then any other pre ive played before, its so much better (imho) then having the bass,mid,treb knobs you get standard on most other basses. Can dial in so many tones really easyly. By turning the filter stack 1/2 up you get a [i]really[/i] lovely retro sound so easy.

Edit: thanks for the nice words btw

Edited by Jobiebass

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='alexharvay' post='561942' date='Aug 6 2009, 01:20 PM']I can't see myself getting a bass made for me over the next decade so I'll call shot gun for first refusal if you ever decide to move it on.[/quote]

Funny thing is I called dibs on it when I first saw pics of it too!!
Tbh I adore this bass and I very much doubt its going anywhere in the near or forseable future. But sure, ill give you first refusal.
Wouldnt mind getting another one of these made. Before I saw this Shuker I wanted a very similer one made. Very similer spec, same body, head, but blue quited top, matching headstock, BAii bridge with a maple fretboard+ blue quited blocks. MM + J pickups. Id definately get a 33" scale again and same ACG preamp this has.
To look something like this.. (Bad Paint Skills)

Gonna have to wait till im working again though.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='569517' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:24 PM']Oh yeah.... My Modulus is now in the caperble hands of Rowbee!!!
Down to just the Fretless P and this wonderful Shuker[/quote]

...and in my capable hands it is likely to stay for some time. I am totally in love with it and hopefully now my bass rotation is at an end!

First Flea Bass gig tomorrow night. :)

[quote name='Rowbee' post='569530' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:37 PM']...and in my capable hands it is likely to stay for some time. I am totally in love with it and hopefully now my bass rotation is at an end!

First Flea Bass gig tomorrow night. :)[/quote]

Im glad you like it, whats it sound like thru your gig rig or have you not tried it yet?
You'll have to PM me n let me know how you get on.

Its a fantastic bass, I adore the neck profile on it. It feels so smooth to play, plus you can get such a low action too because of the neck.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='569516' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:23 PM'][/quote]

I've always prefered a solid colour body to a fancy wood but recently I've been looking at the GB thread and I've been warming to them. I think I would find choosing the specs for a custom build impossible. I'm better off buying something from stock. The only thing I would be 100% on is a neck shape like the '75 RI Jazz have.