Why become a member? ×

OLP MM22

Tait

i'm in no rush to get rid of this, i won't be too upset if no one wants to trade, its a lovely bass. i just fancy something a bit different, can't afford to buy a new bass, and this is my only bass i'd be willing to get rid of :)

its an OLP MM22, the active, 2 pickup version, in the silver sparkly colour. 3 band eq, volume, treble, mid, bass, with a 5 way switch that is from front position to back position - position 1, neck pickup. position 2, outer coils on both pickups (great slap sound, there). position 3, both pickups. position 4, inner coils. position 5, bridge pickup. so its really versatile, basically. also, when on the bridge pickup, it sounds suprisingly close to my dad's Music Man Stingray for a bass a quarter of the price, although a little thumpier than the stingray.

here are some pics -

[attachment=27171:olp_006.JPG]

[attachment=27170:olp.jpg]

[attachment=27172:olpheadstock.jpg]

so, give me offers :rolleyes: i'd be willing to post, or maybe meet halfway depending on how far (i'll have to ask my parents about that :lol:)

i've added a list of gear that i'm interested in later in the thread.

Edited by Tait

replied, still up for trade. i'm definatly not interested in a sale.

can anyone else enlarge the last two pictures? i can the first one, but not the second or third, even though i uploaded them the same way. sorry about that, but you can pretty much see what they show.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='517736' date='Jun 18 2009, 07:34 PM']very nice bass this, sterling ball said himself that the last batch of OLPs were very very good, but too little too late and all that!
Good luck selling, luke :rolleyes:

I can't enlarge the last two pics either, try hosting on photobucket or something?[/quote]

thanks sam, it is a great bass, like i said in the OP, i won't be too upset if this doesn't go. but you know how it is when GAS hits, and i'm not selling my ibby or taitycaster.

[quote name='Jarhead' post='517881' date='Jun 18 2009, 09:53 PM']Haha, I'd offer you my Jazz, but its already on hold lol. This looks really good btw, I think I played it at the Notts bass bash.

Zach[/quote]

it was at the bash zach, so you may have done. i know i played your jazz, it was nice, if a bit battered :) you're selling it because you bought a schecter, aren't you? did you ever put up pics of your new schecter?

[quote name='budget bassist' post='517968' date='Jun 18 2009, 11:06 PM']Oh i do indeed, i think your dad does too :)[/quote]

how did you guess? :rolleyes: in all fairness to him, its been ages since he's bought a bass. since his shuker, i think. me, on the other other hand, i only bought the OLP a few months ago, and its already up for trades for another.

[quote name='Tait' post='517889' date='Jun 18 2009, 10:00 PM']it was at the bash zach, so you may have done. i know i played your jazz, it was nice, if a bit battered :) you're selling it because you bought a schecter, aren't you? did you ever put up pics of your new schecter?[/quote]
Haha, funnily enough, thats what my gf said about me :rolleyes: Nah, selling because I need the cash and I have my eye on another bass in one of the local shops. Actually, I don't think I ever got round to it lol. Its completely stock, not like my Fender lol, no stickers or anything, just scratches and dents lol.

Zach

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hubrad' post='527978' date='Jun 29 2009, 06:25 PM']I've got an Aria STB JB DLX, the one with the active circuit and blend pot. The nut width is more like P-bass rather than the narrow J type. Any use?[/quote]

PMd

still free, keep the offers coming :)

Edited by Tait

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Tait' post='515558' date='Jun 16 2009, 06:09 PM']i'm in no rush to get rid of this, i won't be too upset if no one wants to trade, its a lovely bass. i just fancy something a bit different, can't afford to buy a new bass, and this is my only bass i'd be willing to get rid of :)

its an OLP MM22, the active, 2 pickup version, in the silver sparkly colour. 3 band eq, volume, treble, mid, bass, with a 5 way switch that is from front position to back position - position 1, neck pickup. position 2, outer coils on both pickups (great slap sound, there). position 3, both pickups. position 4, inner coils. position 5, bridge pickup. so its really versatile, basically. also, when on the bridge pickup, it sounds suprisingly close to my dad's Music Man Stingray for a bass a quarter of the price, although a little thumpier than the stingray.

here are some pics -

[attachment=27171:olp_006.JPG]

[attachment=27170:olp.jpg]

[attachment=27172:olpheadstock.jpg]

so, give me offers :rolleyes: i'd be willing to post, or maybe meet halfway depending on how far (i'll have to ask my parents about that :lol:)

i'm not sure what i'm interested in, so offer me anything.[/quote]

Hiya mate,

I have a squier classic Vibe 60s Precision bass if your interested in a trade?

Thanks

[quote name='cheesymunger' post='547458' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:19 PM']Hiya mate,

I have a squier classic Vibe 60s Precision bass if your interested in a trade?

Thanks[/quote]

PMd

EDIT: cheesymunger, have you recieved my PMs? i've sent two now. i might be interested in the trade, but i want to see pictures first please. like i said in my PM, either post them here or to my email adress which i put in the PM.

Edited by Tait

right, a list of things i'm interested in trades for (this isn't all, any other offers will be considered).

any of the squier classic vibe or vintage modified precisions
squier VM or CV jazz
any other precision or jazz (provided its one i like)
a warwick rockbass
squier deluxe hot rails strat
squier vintage modified tele custom
epiphone tom delonge
washburn HB32
something else 335 shaped

like i said, this isn't all, its just stuff i want and stuff i'd probably go for if offered off the top of my head. these OLPs went for between £250 and £300 new, so you have an idea of price range.

Edited by Tait

[quote name='budget bassist' post='553847' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:48 PM']how is this not gone yet? it's a superb bass![/quote]

haha i'm thinking i might just sell it and buy a new bass, rather than wait for the right trade.

£190 anyone?

Edited by Tait

yeah, and even if this doesn't go, its not a problem, i just really fancy a change is all. especially as my taitycaster does essentially the same job as this, but what with it being a custom i play it a hell of a lot more and its just more special to me. thats really the main reason i want a change, the fact that i have another bass that does the same job.