Why become a member? ×

SOLD ***Another Precision-a-like***SOLD

Guest MoJo

Up for grabs is the flagship of my Precision-a-like collection, the last one to go and the most precious. I've really tried to get on with the P-bass and this is one of the best I've played, but in all honesty, it can't do anything that my Yamaha BB414 does and sometimes does better. Many folks prefer the classic lines of the 'P' over the wide bodied BB Series but I'm a self confessed BB nut.

So here it is. I bought it from BC's own Silverfoxnik and since then I have upgraded the electronics and fitted Artec alnico powered pick-ups, a more substantial gold Gotoh bridge and gold Gotoh Tuners. The mods alone cost me over £100. The deep section maple neck is nicely figured, straight as a die (despite how it look's in the photos) and feels very comfortable, even for someone with small hands like me. The solid body is of unknown origin and is finished in white that is aging nicely and starting to go slightly cream. There is one small chip, that was on the bass when I had it, that someone has painted over but as it's on the lower edge, it is usually invisible to the audience.

The decal on the headstock is just there to complete the look, but to be honest this bass is easily the equal of the much more highly regarded and more expensive MIJ Precision I used to own.

Looks like a Precision, sounds like a Precision. A great bass. Currently shod with 95-45 roundwounds but I will throw in a set of Chrome XL flats too. Comes with strap locks and a matching Fender strap.

£130 + shipping....no offers, thanks

M

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='514100' date='Jun 15 2009, 12:54 PM']What did this start life out as, a Squier?[/quote]

Not sure of it's origin. You'd have to ask Siverfoxnik to see if he has any idea.

[quote name='basswesty' post='514122' date='Jun 15 2009, 01:12 PM']Fancy a nice black Yamaha 5 string??? Swap Ya i really liked that P of yours. :)[/quote]

I wouldn't mind my old Yammy back. Since letting it go, I've kinda missed that B string.

[quote name='basswesty' post='514174' date='Jun 15 2009, 01:55 PM']Its up to you. I've hardly used the 5'er its as it was when you last had it.[/quote]

I'm up for it mate if you are. The 415 is going to be more use to me than this bass, I'm more than happy to trade

[quote name='andytoad' post='514203' date='Jun 15 2009, 02:10 PM']Hi,
How much for shipping? i can buy Friday!!

thanks,

andrew[/quote]

PM'd

Afraid I can't add any more knowledge on the origins of this bass - I got it from The Butler 2 years ago IIRC (though there is a thread about it somewhere I think).

All I can say is that is was pretty decent then but now, with all these mods, this is the bargain of the year!!

Wouldn't mind it back myself but I'm still involved in getting my rig right really... Anyway, just to say good luck with the sale! :)