Why become a member? ×

Basschat virgin!

phil666

Hi there guys its Phil 666 here its my first time on Bass Chat in fact i only found out about it through a very talented Bass player friend of mine yesterday and as ive found myself with quite a problem he said that somebody out there might just be able to help me out with it !!!
Ive been a Guitarist for a lot of years but as from last September i got back in touch with a few old Band members the only member of the Band missing was the Bass player so we recruited a new guitarist and Hey Presto you guessed it im the Bass Player !!! Im havin a great time playin Bass ive got 2 Superb Ibanez Basses i built my own 2+15 Cab but the sound just wasnt right so ive just got myself a GALLIEN - KRUEGER 810GLX its a few years old but in great condition !!! WELL IT WAS !!! the only thing wrong with it was the G and K Badge was upside down so i took the grill off spun it round and you guessed it it SLIPPED OUT OF MY GRIP !!! and went right through one of the 10s !!!
WELL IM GUTTED as you can imagine !!! so when youve finished havin a Laugh at yours truely here is there anybody out there PLEASE !!! who could help me out with a replacement speaker !!! Its a PARAGON 10 INCH 100WATT 32 OHM GOLD ALUMINIUM CONE BASS DRIVER Code Number 082-0048A id be realy gratefull if somebody out there could help me out as ive been on POLAR AUDIOs Web Site and they're out of stock and all other efforts ive tried have come to nothing.

Hope you guys can help Cheers PHIL 666.

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum. :) Can't help you myself but suggest you post your requirements in the 'Wanted' section in the marketplace - someone might have a spare floating around.

You may also wish to search and, if necessary, post in 'Repairs and Technical Issues' for details of any anyone who re-cones or repairs tears in speaker; or asking if any members can give advice give advice on how to do it yourself.

Good luck with finding a solution.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='phil666' post='513383' date='Jun 14 2009, 04:04 PM']Hi there guys its Phil 666 here its my first time on Bass Chat in fact i only found out about it through a very talented Bass player friend of mine yesterday and as ive found myself with quite a problem he said that somebody out there might just be able to help me out with it !!!
Ive been a Guitarist for a lot of years but as from last September i got back in touch with a few old Band members the only member of the Band missing was the Bass player so we recruited a new guitarist and Hey Presto you guessed it im the Bass Player !!! Im havin a great time playin Bass ive got 2 Superb Ibanez Basses i built my own 2+15 Cab but the sound just wasnt right so ive just got myself a GALLIEN - KRUEGER 810GLX its a few years old but in great condition !!! WELL IT WAS !!! the only thing wrong with it was the G and K Badge was upside down so i took the grill off spun it round and you guessed it it SLIPPED OUT OF MY GRIP !!! and went right through one of the 10s !!!
WELL IM GUTTED as you can imagine !!! so when youve finished havin a Laugh at yours truely here is there anybody out there PLEASE !!! who could help me out with a replacement speaker !!! Its a PARAGON 10 INCH 100WATT 32 OHM GOLD ALUMINIUM CONE BASS DRIVER Code Number 082-0048A id be realy gratefull if somebody out there could help me out as ive been on POLAR AUDIOs Web Site and they're out of stock and all other efforts ive tried have come to nothing.

Hope you guys can help Cheers PHIL 666.[/quote]

You could always leave it as it is for that Jean Jacques Burnel style sound :)

Welcome to BC