Why become a member? ×

It's all gotta go PRICES DROPPED

NickSpector

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='513091' date='Jun 14 2009, 01:20 AM']As someone who lives in Blackpool and knows a few people who worked for TVR (before it was taken over and they sacked everyone) i'd say keep the basses. They'll last a hell of a lot longer than the car![/quote]

Simply not true. My dad's got one, my mates got two, and other people I know own them. The Rover V8 cars are unbreakable, only the chassis's can be a little rusty, but a powder paint and bake sorts that out. AJP8 engined cars, ie cerberas, are reliable too, as long as you feed them the correct ,oil, 98octane petrol, service them religiously etc etc. Get it wrong just once and they can go pop. As for the AJP6 engined cars, like the Tuscan, Sagaris, T350 and Tamora, they are unreliable, no doubt about it. The AJP6 is a racing engine, with lightweight finger followers.......the oil needs to warm up (people go revving the wabs of them from cold normally....tsssk!), otherwise these will start catching on each other and break, and eventually your engine is jiggered and you have a 7K rebuild on your hands.

Anyway, back to the basses......Squire is still here, I'm holding out for £225, as they go for far more than this on Ebay, so grab yourselves a bargain! (btw, this is a 32inch scale bass, so for younger beginners it's very well suited too).

Went and got the corvette from Nick yesterday..great bass and well looked after and his dad looks like Bill Bailey...but with more hair :rolleyes: so what more could you want.
I had a look at the other basses he has for sale and they are all in top condition! I just don't have the cash :) the natural Jazz is absolutely gorgeous!! the Maple fret board really sets it off! Also the five string is a piece of art!

Thanks again Nick, bass sounded awsome through the peavey when we got home! The lad is well chuffed!

[quote name='SlipperySquid' post='519365' date='Jun 20 2009, 03:17 PM']Went and got the corvette from Nick yesterday..great bass and well looked after and his dad looks like Bill Bailey...but with more hair :rolleyes: so what more could you want.
I had a look at the other basses he has for sale and they are all in top condition! I just don't have the cash :) the natural Jazz is absolutely gorgeous!! the Maple fret board really sets it off! Also the five string is a piece of art!

Thanks again Nick, bass sounded awsome through the peavey when we got home! The lad is well chuffed![/quote]

Haha, he does indeed look like Bill Bailey! Glad the bass sounds good!