Why become a member? ×

Could the DHA VT1 eq feed a poweramp?

jasperok

Just ou of curiosity really
it has a DI XLR out and a line out with level control so iwould presume it could.
would prefer to save the xlr DI out for the desk but i guess if i had to i could run the line out into a DI box and feed that to the desk.

More importantly i guess, technicly is it a recomended way of doing things or are there reaosn you "should" run through a preamp after this beofre a power section.

At the end of the day - ears will tell all i need to know - but interested to know if people think this is a good solution?

Reason being i have a qsc rmx850 and if it meant i could give up the carlsoboro combo and start using my markbass 210 and ampeg 15 cabs i'd be a happy bunny!

there's plenty of tone shaping in the vt1 eq so hopefuly should be able to dial in a good sound only thing is in that situation i'll HAVE to ru:

BASS - COMP PEDAL - DISTORTION PEDAL - VT1 EQ - POWERAMP

any thoughts?

There's a DHA subforum on here so you could ask there and Dave will answer you himself. I know these pedals are plenty loud enough to drive a power amp with the boost switched on but I've not had one of the newer ones with the XLR output so I don't know if the XLR is as loud as the main output.

[quote name='jasperok' post='511197' date='Jun 11 2009, 02:00 PM']Just ou of curiosity really
it has a DI XLR out and a line out with level control so iwould presume it could.
would prefer to save the xlr DI out for the desk but i guess if i had to i could run the line out into a DI box and feed that to the desk.

More importantly i guess, technicly is it a recomended way of doing things or are there reaosn you "should" run through a preamp after this beofre a power section.

At the end of the day - ears will tell all i need to know - but interested to know if people think this is a good solution?

Reason being i have a qsc rmx850 and if it meant i could give up the carlsoboro combo and start using my markbass 210 and ampeg 15 cabs i'd be a happy bunny!

there's plenty of tone shaping in the vt1 eq so hopefuly should be able to dial in a good sound only thing is in that situation i'll HAVE to ru:

BASS - COMP PEDAL - DISTORTION PEDAL - VT1 EQ - POWERAMP

any thoughts?[/quote]

Yes it will and is designed to do so.

The DI out is balanced so therefore the best option but the line out will also work but you may need to apply the boost switch to get the line level required.

[quote name='iamapirate' post='512045' date='Jun 12 2009, 12:46 PM']slightly OT, but would it damage an amp to have it running through a normal combo? I mean sureley then you have

BASS -->FX --> DHA (a preamp) --> PREAMP ON AMP --> POWERAMP ON AMP

??[/quote]

You would just set the levels lower.