Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mick Quinn's Hohner B2a

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steinberger-Hohner-B2A-Bass_W0QQitemZ250440423672QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item3a4f6998f8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steinberger-Hohner-B...%3A1%7C294%3A50[/url]

Great bassplayer not very often you see a famous musician trolling his own ware's.

[quote name='sgt-pluck' post='508603' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:43 PM']Collection only! Brave!

I like Supergrass - quality live band. His main bass is that natural Ibby - pretty sure I read somewhere that it's Roadstar II.

Pluck[/quote]
It's a Blazer - I think I read it was his first bass & he saw no reason to "upgrade". Cool that he chose another elderly cheapo as a stand-in while his back was injured. :)

Jon.

In the interests of completeness - I just dug the mag out ( it's in Bass Guitar magazine from '05 ):

There's at least three Ibanezes, two natural and one black. One of the naturals is definately a Blazer, and one of the others is the Roadstar II ( the black one I reckon ), of which he says:

"Well it's the one I still use actually ( What was your first bass? ) - it's a Roadstar II which I bought in '83 or '84. I had to save up for it for about a year and a half [......] £170 quid". Loves the neck he goes on to say.

What a great advert for Ibby Japcrap he is - good on him! I might buy his Steinberger just for the sake of it :)

Pluck

Edited by sgt-pluck

[quote name='sgt-pluck' post='508794' date='Jun 9 2009, 08:18 AM']In the interests of completeness - I just dug the mag out ( it's in Bass Guitar magazine from '05 ):

There's at least three Ibanezes, two natural and one black. One of the naturals is definately a Blazer, and one of the others is the Roadstar II ( the black one I reckon ), of which he says:

"Well it's the one I still use actually ( What was your first bass? ) - it's a Roadstar II which I bought in '83 or '84. I had to save up for it for about a year and a half [......] £170 quid". Loves the neck he goes on to say.

What a great advert for Ibby Japcrap he is - good on him! I might buy his Steinberger just for the sake of it :)

Pluck[/quote]

Seem to remember him also going through a phase of using Fender P-Bass' at one point, before coming back to the Ibanez's.
Good man, he obviously knows a decent bass when he sees one :rolleyes: