Why become a member? ×

very rare 80's Vox cab

Hi,
I've got a rare 2x 12 ( i think...could be 2x10), but the speakers have blown. They are blue in colour (celestions?), does anyone know where I can get the speakers reconed?..it seems such a pity to have such a rare cab just lying about doing nothing.
Any help would be really cool.
Thanks

[quote name='alembic1989' post='499570' date='May 28 2009, 08:06 AM']Hi,
I've got a rare 2x 12 ( i think...could be 2x10), but the speakers have blown. They are blue in colour (celestions?), does anyone know where I can get the speakers reconed?..it seems such a pity to have such a rare cab just lying about doing nothing.
Any help would be really cool.
Thanks[/quote]

With all due respect, and I don’t mean this in a sarcy way, but how do you know it’s a rare cab if you don’t even know if it’s a 2x12 or 2x10? Again, I’m not trying to be sarcy, but I’m just interested :)

My old guitarist had a modern AC30 CC2X with the 2 12” Celestion “Blue Bulldog” speakers and it sounded absolutely immense!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='499661' date='May 28 2009, 10:30 AM']With all due respect, and I don’t mean this in a sarcy way, but how do you know it’s a rare cab if you don’t even know if it’s a 2x12 or 2x10? Again, I’m not trying to be sarcy, but I’m just interested :)

My old guitarist had a modern AC30 CC2X with the 2 12” Celestion “Blue Bulldog” speakers and it sounded absolutely immense![/quote]

Hi,
I have owned the cab from new from sometime in the late seventies/early eighties, and never thought that it was particularly rare to be honest...but having scoured the web for quite a while now I have never seen a picture or even a mention of one.
It is a bass reflex cab with 2 blue vox drivers...if you can find a pic of one I'd be very interested.
It's hiding in storage at the moment..when I get time I'll see if I can find some kind of model number on it....I haven't even seen another one anywhere...so I guess that's why I'm saying it's rare.
hope that helps.

ps... The reason I'm not sure about the size of the drivers is that it has been in storage since I blew it up nearly 25 years ago...my memory says 2 x 12...but It's possible that i could be mistaken.