Why become a member? ×

Ps in a pod...

niceguyhomer

There's some lovely light in my dining room this morning so I whipped out my camera and took a few pics. Shortly after, I dropped by fooking camera and broke it so I feel an insurance claim coming on.

Anyway, I'm always wary about posting pics of my new basses cos I usually end up selling them shortly after, but I'm fairly confident that these two will be around for a while. I've been rehearsing / recording all weekend with my new band and they were both superb.

I used the Sandberg on Saturday and it's a bit more modern sounding than the Sadowsky - very tight and controlled - slightly compressed sounding I would say. I love the neck on it too - there's no dead spots and it's very even across the fretboard.

On Sunday, I used the Sadowsky and although the Sandberg is a classy bass, the Sadowsky is better in every department. The Sadowsky doesn't sound as sweet as the Sandberg soloed, but when the band started playing it sounded absolutely sublime.

I never thought I'd say this but I don't miss the B string at all and I'm loving the freedom (?) of 4 strings.

The jury is out on the mint green pickguard BTW - I feel a torty replacement is on the cards - it's my birthday soon.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='497744' date='May 26 2009, 07:17 AM']How'd the P get on Russ?[/quote]

Outstanding Peter, just unreal. Even the band accepted the departure of the Overwater to bring this one in, they loved it too.