Why become a member? ×

Circle Studios refurb

Rimskidog

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1349301834' post='1824611']
Nice!

Whats with that weird spirally cymbal in the back of his kit (difficult to make it out really in those photos), never seen one like that before, what does it sound like?
[/quote]

Sounds really cool for big swells

haha!

Having given up on the builder ever re-appearing, it was time to just get on with it. With the help of my assistants, Iain, Joe and Dan, we had soon rockwooled what will be the white room:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/IMG_1237.jpg[/IMG]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1351206348' post='1848851']
Must be close now- just painting, fitting out, cables, air-con, power........
OK plenty still to do then :(
[/quote]

...Fire alarms, escapes and extinguishers, audio cable and patchbays, flooring, stone room, wooden cladding, treatment, new bathroom, diffusers, wall coverings, doors seals...

Edited by Rimskidog

• 4 weeks later...

Woah! I got a bit behind on photos then. Let's try and get you back up to date!

The white room came together pretty quickly. Sonically, it sounds really sweet with a reverb time of about 1.7 seconds. But why is it white?

As a bit of a hedge and to keep the place as busy as possible we had a portable infinity wall made in a custom extra wide size. Having fitted it in the white room it only takes a few turns of that handle and the vinyl backcloth rolls down changing the room from a live room/production room into a photography/video studio.

Thoughts?

Edited by Rimskidog

I would say paint the wall with the screen another colour than white.
White will not only show the scuffs but I also find it isnt a good colour for a projector wall. You cant see the borders properly and its to bright.
Give it some colour to distinguish it and i think it would be better.

But then that is my personal preference.

[quote name='Archetype' timestamp='1354098812' post='1881957'] I would say paint the wall with the screen another colour than white. White will not only show the scuffs but I also find it isnt a good colour for a projector wall. You cant see the borders properly and its to bright. Give it some colour to distinguish it and i think it would be better. But then that is my personal preference. [/quote]

Interesting. Why would you say it isn't a good colour for a projector wall?

If your projecting onto the whole wall then its fine but if your using the screen for anything thats where it annoys me.
The screen and the wall start to merge when your focusing on whats on the screen and you loose the edges, a bit of colour breaks it up and keeps the focus.
plus from your point of view, you just spent money on a screen. white wall means lazy people don't need it.

And white walls show the dirt :)