Why become a member? ×

Anyone got a roland RX bass cube?

Golchen

I bought one of these a while back, and for my purposes (basically playing at home at a level that doesn't annoy the wife) the sound is perfect. I tried a couple of practice amps before but they were crap and just couldn't handle a low B, but these seem fine. I like having the effects and the Eq, although I don't play around with them too much unless I'm using it for the Chapman stick. Overall, I'd say that this is a great little practice amp.

Having said that, there is one thing I don't like about it, and one thing I HATE about it! I don't like having a tuner that emits no sound, and I HATE the tempo control for the drum machine. It's the most bloody annoying thing ever. Being a 'tap' button with a lot of travel and some resistance, you have no real control at all over the tempo that you get. Want it a bit faster or slower - forget it! On average I must be tapping it about 20 times just trying to get a tempo in the right ballpark. Actually, tapping is the wrong word, it's definitely a push button, with none of the finesse associated with a tap.

I really wish that these could be modded in some way, so that it could have a rotating control instead. I'm seriously considering trying to work out if it can be bodged up in some way!

[quote name='Golchen' post='495811' date='May 23 2009, 09:33 AM']I take it that no-one else has an opinion on these then ........[/quote]

Iv got the cube 30 its great for recording (di) and home noodling. Good quality FX and great compressor and amp modling too. Cant say about the cube your talking about but from what i can see, it just has a 5watt output? That fender bc30 is great, with built in drum machine and fx and song bank and exercise patterns as well! Really good, had a look at one, well worth £300 anyway.

GP.

I thought about it as I have a stereo bass and thought (initially) the cube might have a stereo input. It doesn't so I didn't translate my thoughts into action. I've had a cube 30 in the past and it was a great smallish practice amp. I was never totally convinced by the effects but they were fun

[quote name='lozbass' post='495873' date='May 23 2009, 10:44 AM']I thought about it as I have a stereo bass and thought (initially) the cube might have a stereo input. It doesn't so I didn't translate my thoughts into action. I've had a cube 30 in the past and it was a great smallish practice amp. I was never totally convinced by the effects but they were fun[/quote]

Hello Loz, hows it going??

GP.